Creme Brulee Cake Recipe. This is a classic dessert that will save you from a cream-covered mistake.
One of the most popular desserts recipes, creme brulee cake, is also easy to make with only three ingredients and makes a delicious homemade birthday cake or holiday dessert.
You can even use your favorite vanilla buttercream frosting with this recipe to top off the fruity crunch! This creme bruleed perfection is easy to put together an impressive tasting cake for any occasion.
How to make
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pkg. (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 24 vanilla wafers or sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 9×2 inch round cake pans. Stir together butter and cake mix in a large bowl with a spoon until soft crumbs form. Add in water, and stir until well combined.
2. Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make vanilla pudding in a large bowl; beat on low with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until thickened. Divide half of the vanilla pudding between two 9 inch round cake pans, and spread evenly over the bottom of each pan; set aside to cool completely before using.
4. Place cake pans on their sides. Place a large piece of plastic wrap directly over them to help prevent the cakes from drying out.
5. With a dinner knife, poke holes evenly over the surface of both pans in each pan.
6. Combine milk and vanilla pudding in a bowl and stir with a whisk or spoon until well combined; divide between two 9×3 inch cake pans and over each pan’s bottom.
7. Place a layer of milk pudding on each cooked layer. Top each layer with the second cake, and press down lightly. Smooth top and garnish with vanilla wafer pieces; let cool completely.
8. Wrap each cake individually with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
9. When ready to serve, remove the cake from the freezer; carefully peel off the plastic wrap and discard. Place the creme brulee on a flat serving plate, sprinkle with brown sugar and caramel topping (melted caramel ice cream topping), and broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar melts and turns golden brown.
10. Remove from oven; garnish with fresh raspberries or a mint leaf before serving.
Nutrition facts of Creme Brulee Cake Recipe
Health Benefits of Creme Brulee Cake Recipe
Creme Brulee Cake Recipe is a delicious dessert that has many health benefits. Here are a few listed below. It is low in saturated fats and has a high fiber content.
It is high in calcium, protein, iron, and vitamin A as well The ingredients used are all-natural that provide good health to the body.
This dessert recipe can be prepared at home easily and also very quickly. And not only this, but it can also be scheduled at a low cost.
Best 4 Freezing Ideas of Creme Brulee Cake Recipe
Step 1. Freeze your cake overnight.
Freezing the cake overnight helps avoid the “soggy cake” syndrome, which can happen if you try to defrost and then serve. The longer you freeze a layer of cake, the better it will hold up and not get soggy on you.
Cutting slices is easier when the cake is frozen, so just let this one sit in your freezer until you are ready to serve it.
Step 2. Frost it!
Now onto the fun part. The recipe calls for vanilla buttercream frosting, but you can use any frosting or icing that you like. No one will ever guess the difference, so have fun with it!
Step 3. Decorate it!
This part is up to you, but we found this idea soooooo much fun. Try stenciling your frosting to look like strawberries or raspberries, and then enjoy adding tiny sprinkles of sugar and color around the berry shapes.
Step 4. Decorate with fresh fruit or a drizzle of chocolate!
Another great idea for a new twist to your creme brulee cake! Use a thin layer of melted chocolate to frost the top of your cake and add in some fresh berries, cut strawberries, or even cherries and enjoy!
Is Creme Brulee Cake Recipe Healthy?
Creme Brulee Cake Recipe is a healthy dessert low in calories but very filling. The frosting alone will give you enough sugar that you won’t need to eat much else. While not exactly low in calories, the chocolate cake part can be eaten as a treat with nothing else.
Is Creme Brulee Cake Recipe Gluten-Free?
The ingredients used in this recipe are all-natural and gluten-free, so it will not leave any harmful side effects on your body.
This is one of the most common questions, and the answer is ‘yes.’ You can make this dessert recipe with simple ingredients available at home.
Is It Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
It is suitable for diabetic patients and can be enjoyed as a healthy dessert. Creme brulee cake is very easy to make, and you can also use different toppings of your choice.
Can Children Eat This Recipe?
Yes. It is suitable for children who love to have any sweet treat at home.
Is It Suitable For Kids?
Creme brulee cake is one of the best desserts that can be served to your kids. The ingredients are easily available, and it is very simple to make at home.
Does It Have Carbs?
It contains carbohydrates in good amounts. It is recommended to avoid over-consumption, especially by people with a high blood sugar level.
The Bottom Line
Creme brulee cake is one of the most delicious desserts that can be enjoyed on any occasion. It can be served to your guests, and it is also very easy to make at home with simple ingredients.
Preparing Creme Brulee Cake Recipe only takes a few steps, and it is very simple to make. It has been rated one of the best desserts globally by many chefs around the globe.