Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe is considered a bakery standard. It’s a family favorite, and the moist chocolate cake with the rich chocolate icing on top is one of their best sellers.
As with all Costco baked goods, purchasing in bulk from Costco can make this dessert affordable for everyone.
It takes just over an hour to put together, so it’s not too much of a time investment when you consider that one cake feeds six to eight people.
How to make Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour (3-4 c. for triple layer)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (Hot chocolate mix is 1/3 cocoa)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk (add 1 tbsp vinegar to a small amount of milk to sour it.)
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Bake for 20-25 min or until cake tests are done. Cool on a wire rack for 10 min; remove from pans to cool completely. Once cooled frost with Chocolate Frosting Recipe.
3. For the Chocolate Frosting Recipe, use 2 cups of powdered sugar (more or less depending on consistency) and 1/3 cup cocoa powder (ditto). Stir these ingredients together and add a little hot water if it’s too thick when you mix it up.
4. To Make Triple Layer Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe: Frost with Chocolate Frosting Recipe, then add the following layers between the two layers of frosting.
You can use a cake round as your base, but it’s easier to cut out the pieces and fit them into the pan. 1. Place an even layer of sprinkles on top of each layer, then place 1/3 cup topper on top of each sprinkle-layered layer
5. Next, add 4-6 cups of chocolate chips to the frosting recipe and mix thoroughly
6. Spread over 3/4 of the cake
7. Add remaining layers and spread frosting on top.
8. Add topper. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe
|Calories from Fat||90|
Benefits of Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe
Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe is very rich and delicious. It’s a cake that you could eat every day without thinking of calories.
The prices at Costco are low enough that you can make this cake once a week and not be concerned about making it too often.
Many people make the mistake of thinking that they should cut down on desserts, but in reality, if they do, it will have a negative effect on their physical and mental health.
5 Health Nutrition of Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe
1. The sodium in Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe is relatively low, which is a good thing because sodium is linked to high blood pressure.
2. The potassium in Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe is reasonably high, which can help prevent stroke, kidney disease, and muscle cramps.
3. The calcium in Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe helps build strong bones by reducing your risk of osteoporosis.
4. The protein in Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe helps to improve the immune system and helps to reduce the risk of cancer.
5. The iron in Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe is an essential nutrient that allows the body to work properly. It promotes normal blood clotting, red blood cell production, and oxygen transport within the body.
Price In Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe
Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe is extraordinarily affordable. For example, a cake that feeds eight people can be purchased for under $36.
That’s the equivalent of two loaves of bread or two large cans of soup. You could easily serve this chocolate cake at a party, and you would not notice how light it is on your wallet.
History of Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe
Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe has been a childhood favorite for decades. It’s been a popular cake for years, and it is one of the most well-known Costco products at this time.
The actual recipe for Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe is so old that no one knows where it was originally developed, but it was getting popular by the late 1970s.
It is believed that Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe originated in the mid-1970s, but nothing proves this theory.
Is It Healthy?
Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe is delicious and will not make you fat. Unlike many other high-fat foods sold at Costco, this cake does not have a lot of saturated fat. The maximum saturated fat in Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe is 3.2 grams.
This means that you could consume this dessert every day for the rest of your life and not get too many calories from it. The cost of the ingredients would be minimal, so the only benefit to this high-fat dessert would be the taste of the cake itself.
How to store?
You can keep Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe for about four days at room temperature, or you can use it for a couple of months if you keep it in the refrigerator.
It’s important to store cake properly to avoid any contamination from the bacteria present on your hands, which could ruin the recipe.
Store your Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat it.
Can I Freeze It?
You can freeze Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe, but you need to make sure that you wrap it tightly in foil or plastic wrap.
You don’t want the cake to be exposed to any air or moisture, and this means that you need to make sure that no air can touch the cake. The humidity in the air and water on your hands could contaminate the cake and cause it to go bad.
The Bottom Line
If you love your Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe, you will enjoy making it at home. It’s a tasty dessert that is not too pricey to make and is quite affordable.
Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe is for you if you are concerned about your weight. It finds a way to keep your calorie intake low without affecting physical health. You will have more energy and feel more healthy after eating Costco Chocolate Cake Recipe.