The sweet corn curry recipe will surely make the most of your next Sunday night. Corn curry is a dish in which both sweet corn and potatoes are cooked in a spiced-up sauce to create a spicy, sweet, and thick taste with cream and butter.
The recipe will require you to cook Indian basmati rice, onions, mild-tasting chicken, and tomatoes for about 20 minutes.
You can also prepare this dish ahead of time by cooking the vegetables beforehand. Don’t forget to cook the potatoes and the chicken in a little of their soaking water (if you are using pre-cut potatoes).
Start the rice as soon as ready. A sauce made from fresh tomatoes, a touch of ginger and cayenne, some garam masala leaves, and cream will help enhance the flavors in the dish.
How To Make Corn Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
Servings: 6 people
- 2 cups cooked fresh corn
- 1 onion
- 14 oz canned organic tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon almond powder/meal
- Salt to taste
- ⅓ cup of canned coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon dry methi leaves / kasoori methi
- Cilantro for garnish – optional
1. Boil the sweet corn in water for about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse with water, and set aside.
2. Sauté the onion in a little olive oil until translucent and slightly browned; about 7 minutes.
3. Add the peeled & cubed sweet potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of water and cover your pan; cook until the potatoes are done, then mash them while they’re still hot (this will help them to bind together) and set aside on low heat.
4. In a blender or food processor, grind the peeled & cubed sweet potatoes and the onions and the spices–cumin, red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, and ginger-garlic paste.
5. Cook with vegetable cooking liquid in a pot until you get a smooth paste-like consistency. Bring it to a boil on medium heat; use a spoon to thicken the dish.
6. Add the mashed sweet potatoes, salt, and water to the gravy.
7. Cook for about 5 minutes.
8. Add the tomato can and cook for about 10-15 minutes over low heat, frequently stirring to avoid burning the tomato paste.
9. preheat oven to 375 degrees F/ 190 degrees C; pour corn curry mixture into a baking dish and set aside for later use (on low heat–about 300 F/150 C).
10. In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Cook them in a frying pan on medium heat, frequently stirring, until they cook to a light brown color.
11. Add the dry mix to curry along with salt and turmeric powder and stir to combine. Pour ½ cup of water into the curry and stir so that the corn curry mixture is smooth, thick, and creamy–like a thick sauce.
12. Cover the corn curry mixture in a baking dish with foil. Bake for 10 minutes on low heat (300 F/150 C).
13. Serve hot, topped with cilantro leaves and yogurt if desired!
Nutrition Facts Of Corn Curry Recipe
- Calories 102 kcal
- Total Fat 3 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Sodium 78 mg
- Carbohydrate 5 g
- Protein 2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sugar 4 g
- Total Carbohydrates 21 g
- Dietary Fiber 2
Best 7 Health Benefits Of Corn Curry Recipe
1. Good Source Of Fiber
Sweet corn is made up of dietary fiber, which helps regulate intestinal function and blood sugar levels.
2. Improves Brain Health
Corn contains high levels of the antioxidant lutein, reducing the risk of eye degeneration.
3. Lowers Cholesterol
Sweet corn contains high levels of soluble fiber, which reduces the cholesterol level and makes it easier for the body to absorb key nutrients.
4. Good For Your Heart
Sweet corn is high in phytonutrients that are essential to maintaining a healthy heart, such as lutein, zeaxanthin, and beta-carotene.
5. Boosts Energy Levels
The vitamin B3 that is found in sweet corn can help boost energy levels while giving your skin a healthy, radiant glow.
6. May Lower Risk Of Cancer
Sweet corn contains high levels of antioxidants, which may lower the risk of certain types of cancer, such as lung cancer and liver cancer.
7. Maintains Eye Health
Lutein and zeaxanthin are two carotenoids that may protect against eye diseases, such as macular degeneration.
I Love Corn Curry, But Don’t Eat Potatoes. Are There Any Alternatives?
There are many ways to make corn curry without potatoes. You can replace them with more sweet corn or add various other vegetables, such as carrots, green beans, or peas.
What Kind Of Rice Goes Best With This Meal?
Any white rice is suitable for this recipe and is cooked in the same way you would prepare any Indian dish—with a little bit of ghee or oil and some salt.
What Kind Of Corn Do You Use For The Sweet Corn Curry Recipe?
For the sweet corn curry recipe, I used the normal yellow sweet corn that you find in a can. You can use any variety of sweet corn (yellow or white) for this recipe.
Is corn curry recipe Good For Everybody?
This is a delicious way to eat sweet corn without worrying about gaining weight. The corn is low in calories and high in fiber, making this dish good for those with diabetes or hypoglycemia.
There are many other ways you can use sweet corn as an alternative to potatoes—in soups, stews, and even as a side dish that can be served with grilled meat.
Is corn curry recipe Good For Dieters?
Sweet corn is very low in sodium and cholesterol, making it ideal for dieters trying to reduce sodium and fat intake in their diet.
This is also a good dish for vegetarians who don’t eat meat or fish. My 8-Month Old Baby Loves the Sweet corn curry recipe.
I hope you enjoyed my recipe for sweet corn curry, a delicious and healthy dish made with fresh and canned vegetables.
If you have any information, don’t forget to comment below, and if you like our recipe, don’t forget to share it with your friends.
Thanks for reading this post!