Clam Cake Recipe Maine is a recipe for Clam cake that’s easy to make, and it has got seafood in it. These are long, thick, and will fill your mouth with flavor.
You can use this as a starter or dessert, or a main course. It does not take too much effort to make, but you need clams.
How to make Clam Cake Recipe Maine
- 4 large (2 to 3 inch) clams
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups milk
1. Remove the clams from their shells and chop them into small pieces. You can also use canned clams.
2. In a large pot, bring 10 cups of water to boil, add salt, add chopped clams, and cover for 10 minutes or until clams open. Pour into a strainer and separate the liquid from the meat.
3. Add 2 cups of flour together with baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk until combined well
4. Add the softened butter to the mix, add a cup of milk to another cup, and keep alternating until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add clam meat and some clam juice to the mix and stir well.
6. With a spoon or ladle, pour small balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes at 400 F or golden brown. You can also use a loaf pan.
7. Cool and serve with your favorite sauce.
Nutrition facts of Clam Cake Recipe Maine
|Total calories||6569.22 KCal|
Health Benefits of Clam Cake Recipe Maine
The clams have been known to have very high omega 3 and protein levels. This is the only way to find the benefits to your body.
Omega 3 fatty acids are said to work on increasing brain functions; you will see improvement in circulation, digestive system, and many other things.
Clam cakes are considered a very healthy dish per se; they contain a lot of protein and omega 3s. They are also very filling, which boosts the metabolism, thus encouraging weight loss.
Best 5 freezing Ideas of Clam Cake Recipe Maine
1. Preparing a freezer meal is a great way of saving time and money. Prepare your recipe exactly as it is described.
2. Wrap the prepared recipe in aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, sealing out air to prevent freezer burn.
3. Label with the recipe’s name and the date prepared, or attach with a magnet to your refrigerator or freezer door.
4. Place in the freezer and use within a month.
5. To thaw- place your frozen meal in the refrigerator overnight or until completely thawed. No pre-thawing is needed!
Is It Healthy?
It’s very healthy to eat. You can follow many diets once you have started to see the results; it will encourage you to stay on track and stick with it, too, as it is not easy finding a diet program that works for all people. This can be very good when you are trying a diet.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, it is gluten-free, and you can try it as a dessert or main course. You can also use this as a starter.
A clam cake is gluten-free, so you can choose to be on a gluten-free diet. Once you have started to see the results, it will encourage you to stick with it, too, as it is not easy finding a diet program that works for all people. This will be helpful when trying out any diet program.
Is It Nutritious?
Yes, it’s nutritious, and this is the only way to show the benefits to your body. You can also use this as a starter or dessert. Clam Cake Recipe can be very healthy and nutritious
Is It Safe?
Yes, it is safe, and you have got the right recipe on how to make clam cake at home using clams.
Is It Quick?
Yes, it is quick and easy to make clam cake at home using clams. It would help if you had a clam cake recipe for clam cake with clams, and here you have it.
How to store?
You can freeze the baked clam cakes in a freezer bag. Thaw in fridge or microwave, then warm briefly before eating. You can also reheat leftover clam cakes in a toaster oven until heated through.
How to store unprepared cookie dough?
Unbaked forms of this recipe will last for about three days in the refrigerator. And I can bet that if you bake these out, you will have people asking for more and requesting your recipe.
If you are looking for the best Clam Cake Recipe in Maine, this is the one. This recipe is well-researched and includes some tips that can help you make delicious clam cakes that can be used for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
As long as you follow the steps mentioned in the recipe, it will not take too long to prepare this dish and serve it to your family.