Cielito Lindo Recipe is a traditional Mexican dish made with beef, beans, tomatoes, peppers, and onions. Cielito Lindo Recipe is often served alongside rice and corn tortillas.
The peppers used in the dish are typically jalapeno peppers or poblano peppers. The jalapenos are typically diced into small cubes, while the poblano peppers are usually cut into strips after removing their seeds and membranes.
The tomatoes and onions used in the dish are typically thick, reddish-brown, and plump. The ingredients are generally cooked together in a large pot to create a thick sauce.
The onions may be peeled before the dish is cooked. However, you do not have to peel the tomatoes because there is no skin to remove them.
The beans used in a dish can vary depending on the region where they originated. Some types of beans used include pinto beans, black beans, navy beans, and refried beans.
How To Prepare Cielito Lindo Recipe?
To Prepare Cielito Lindo Recipe, you need some ingredients. I have listed those ingredients below.
- Peppers (jalapeno and poblano)
- Onions (with peel)
- Tomatoes (with peel)
1. In a large pot, heat up olive oil and brown the meat. Be careful not to overcook it.
2. Add the peppers, onions, and tomatoes to the pot.
3. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
4. Brown the onions first to add flavor.
5. Cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat.
6. Add the beans, cover, and cook for 10 more minutes.
7. Serve with rice and corn tortillas.
Cielito Lindo Recipe is a good source of iron, zinc, copper, and vitamin B3. This recipe contains 265 calories per serving.
Food labels to note:
Beef: Beef is a good source of protein while also containing iron, zinc, and other minerals.
Peppers (jalapeno and poblano): Peppers contain vitamin C and several essential nutrients, including fiber, thiamin, folate, niacin, and riboflavin.
Onions (with peel): Onions are a good source of dietary fiber and contain vitamin C, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
Tomatoes (with peel): Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin K and contain several essential nutrients, including folate, vitamin C, niacin, and potassium.
10 Health Benefits Of Cielito Lindo Recipe
1. It is a good source of protein.
2. The dish contains several essential minerals and vitamins.
3. It is a good source of dietary fiber, iron, zinc, and vitamin B3.
4. This recipe also contains essential vitamins such as vitamin C and K while also being a source of folate and other essential vitamins.
5. This is low in saturated fat and cholesterol while containing no trans fat or sodium (salt).
6. It contains no trans fat and low cholesterol.
7. It is a good dietary fiber and protein source.
8. It is a good source of essential minerals such as iron and calcium and has several vitamins B3 and vitamin K.
9. This dish contains no saturated fat or cholesterol and is low in sodium (salt).
10. It also contains several essential antioxidants, including vitamin C and phytonutrients.
Who Cannot Eat Cielito Lindo Recipe?
Cielito Lindo Recipe is a traditional Mexican dish. This recipe can be cooked for anyone and any family.
Can You Freeze This Recipe?
Cielito Lindo Recipe is an excellent dish to make for a large family gathering. If you plan to cook this for more than 4 people, you can freeze some of the extra portions for later use.
However, freezing may alter the taste, so we recommend eating it as soon as possible once you prepare the dish.
Can You Cook Cielito Lindo Recipe In A Crockpot?
Yes, you can cook Cielito Lindo Recipe in a crockpot. Condensation may occur if you transfer the dish to the crock pot from the stove.
If you are too anxious to wait for the soup to cook, we recommend cooking it on low in a crockpot instead.
Can Cielito Lindo Recipe Be Cooked With Beans?
Yes, you can use beans to prepare Cielito Lindo Recipe. This dish is traditionally made with beans, so you can use either pinto beans, black beans, navy beans, or refried beans to prepare this recipe.
How Can I Reduce The Calories?
You can reduce the calories in Cielito Lindo Recipe by using low sodium (salt) content ingredients. You can reduce the calories even further by skipping the garnish.
How Long Can I Keep Cielito Lindo Recipe?
Cielito Lindo Recipe is a Mexican recipe that can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days if covered properly. Ensure that you keep this dish stored at room temperature for about an hour before serving it.
The Bottom Line
Cielito Lindo Recipe is a traditional Mexican dish made with beef, beans, and peppers. This recipe is prepared in a large pot of ingredients cooked together.
The jalapenos are diced into small cubes, while the poblano peppers are cut into strips after removing their seeds and membranes.
The onions used in this recipe may be peeled, but you do not have to peel the tomatoes because there is no skin to remove them.
You can use pinto, black, or navy beans to prepare this dish.