Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe. This recipe is a moist and delicious coffee cake made with a rich vanilla bean chocolate chip cookie dough.
The cake is topped with an easy, festive whipped cream frosting with cinnamon sprinkled on top. This Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe will be the hit of your holiday party or family get-together!
It tastes amazing, is easy to make, and has great texture from the bits of ground cinnamon mixed in! So go ahead and make this classic holiday treat today.
How to make Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 32 ounces (1 1/2 cups) cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
3. In another bowl, mix mashed bananas and vanilla for 2 minutes until combined well (mixture should be very thick).
4. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt into the banana mixture until well combined.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
6. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely (dish will be very soft).
8. While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting by beating heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer.
9. Once the cake has cooled, spread frosting over the top and sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
10. Slice and serve warm or room temperature.
Nutrition facts of Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
Amazing 6 Health Benefits of Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
Cinnamon is famous for its ability to lower blood sugar and help stabilize appetite by balancing your insulin levels. It also helps fight infections, improve memory and focus, and ward off heart disease.
2. Vitamin B6:
Vitamin B6 is one of the most important vitamins in the body. It helps convert food into energy, fights stress, helps form healthy red blood cells and essential antibodies, and reduces common symptoms related to aging like depression or insomnia.
This sweet treat has been reported to help burn calories, prevent weight gain, and improve energy levels. Mangoes have lutein and alpha-carotene, antioxidants that may help keep your eyes healthy.
4. Vitamin C:
Mangos also contain a good amount of vitamin C.. This vitamin is important for the immune system, red blood cell formation, and maintaining collagen levels in the skin.
5. Heart health:
Studies suggest that both sweet potatoes and mangoes can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Mangos may help detoxify the body and promote a healthy immune system. According to an article by LiveStrong magazine, “The anthocyanin pigments in mangoes can help eliminate free radicals from your body, which are the cause of many degenerative diseases.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This Christmas Coffee Cake can be made when pregnant as it is made with raw eggs. However, it should not be consumed by anyone who has diabetes and should be avoided by sensitive people to egg whites.
Is It Healthy?
Enjoy this Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe as it has only 5 grams of fat per serving, which is the equivalent of one medium egg, and if you are trying to lose weight, it can be a great addition to your diet. This Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe will not make you gain weight, and it is rich in protein.
Is It Gluten-Free?
This Christmas, Coffee Cake Recipe is wheat and gluten-free.
Is It Good For You?
This Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe is good for you as it contains a lot of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The calories come from carbohydrates (mostly sugar) and proteins, which are energy sources the body needs to function properly.
Is It Suitable For Diabetics?
According to registered dietician and certified diabetes educator Lona Sandon, this Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe is suitable for people with diabetes.
So get ready with your fanciest Christmas clothes and start whipping up a batch of this festive treat for the holidays!
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
As long as you don’t consume calories, this Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe is good for heart patients.
Can I Freeze It?
You can freeze this Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe for up to 2 months. To thaw, remove from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 2 hours, and frosting will be ready to serve. This Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe can be served warm or chilled.
What Dishes Go Well With This Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe?
Serve this Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe with a fresh salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar, or have slices of it on its own.
The Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe is a delicious treat. It looks great, and it is even better to eat! You will enjoy every bite of it, and your guests will love it too!
This Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe can be frozen and enjoyed for months or years to come! You can also serve it warm out of the oven and let your guests tear it themselves. This is a healthy dessert that you don’t want to miss.