If you’re searching for a fluffy and delicious Chiffon Roll Cake Recipe, then this recipe is for you. Denser than a regular cake and with an airy texture, it will quickly become everyone’s favorite!
This recipe is full of simple ingredients prevalent in most kitchens, so even if you have no experience with cooking, you’ll be able to whip this up without fail.
If you prefer not to wait an hour or two for your cake to cool off before frosting it, check out the adapted version of the recipe at the end.
How to make Chiffon Roll Cake Recipe
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract.
- Cake decorations of your choice (optional)
1. preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease and line with parchment paper an 8 inch round pan or a 9-inch cake pan with high sides (for easy handling).
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, and cocoa powder until mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until well mixed. Beat in the vanilla extract. Slowly add the flour mixture to the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling completely before frosting.
5. Once cooled, use a butter knife or offset spatula to carefully loosen the cake from the pan and peel off the parchment paper (a cheesecloth will work too).
6. Spread your frosting of choice over the bottom half of the cake (what you’ll see when you cut it into slices).
7. Roll the cake lengthwise and place it on a plate.
8. Decorate as desired before serving. Keeps for up to 3 days in an air-tight container at room temperature.
This cake can be frozen for three months if wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and placed in a freezer bag or container.
Price Of Chiffon Roll Cake Recipe
Price: $2.20 (All ingredients included)
Chiffon Roll Cake Recipe Ingredients Cost ($) 1 box yellow cake mix (2 boxes) $2.00 2 large eggs (at room temperature) $0.30 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar $0.03 1/4 cup water $0.02 2 oz. sprinkles $0.50 2 tbsp. vegetable oil (for pan) $0.03 Total Cost: $3.
Nutrition facts of Chiffon Roll Cake Recipe
Health Benefits of Chiffon Roll Cake Recipe
The fiber from the cake helps keep blood sugar levels in control, preventing spikes that lead to cravings and ravenous hunger.
In addition, the sprinkles provide small amounts of vitamin C and other antioxidants, which help boost immune system function. Furthermore, the protein and fat found in this recipe help keep blood sugar levels stable and prevent cravings.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This cake is not highly sugary, but it should still be avoided by pregnant women and women trying to conceive.
The high amount of fiber in this cake helps to keep blood sugar levels stable, preventing cravings and spiking after meals.
Is It Healthy?
No. Chiffon Roll Cake Recipe is not a healthy choice. The fiber in this recipe helps regulate blood sugar and keep cravings and hunger at bay, but there’s a high amount of fat and sugar in this cake.
The main ingredient, cake mix, has a lot of sodium, making this an unhealthy choice for any foodie trying to avoid eating too much salt or added sugar.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Chiffon Roll Cake Recipe is not gluten-free. The main ingredient, cake mix, and the sprinkles used in this recipe contain traces of gluten.
This won’t cause any health problems, but it might upset sensitive stomachs or create celiac disease symptoms.
Is It Kosher?
No. This cake is not kosher and should not go into the oven during Passover.
Is It Halal?
No. Chiffon Roll Cake Recipe is not halal and should not go into the oven during Ramadan.
Is It Suitable For Breastfeeding Women?
This recipe is not recommended for breastfeeding women because of the high sugar content, which is not recommended in a mother’s diet.
However, it’s been shown that folic acid and calcium are vital to the health of nursing moms and babies, so mothers can make an exception for this recipe (under supervision) if they’d like.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
No. This cake is not healthy for heart patients and should not be eaten by them. The sugar content in this recipe (especially the sprinkles) is high, and the fact that this cake contains an excessive amount of fat and calories.
Is It A Treat For Diabetic People?
No. This cake is not a treatment for Type I or Type II diabetes. The high sugar content and the excessive fat in this recipe make it unhealthy for those in need of a good diet.
The Bottom Line
The Chiffon Roll Cake Recipe is the perfect treat for anyone who’s celebrating a birthday or special event.
With so much flavor, it’s easy to see why this cake is the favorite of so many people. Just be careful; one will have you wanting more!