In this blog post, we will be sharing our family recipe for Chamoy Shot Recipe, an easy and delicious drink that can be made with a bit of store-bought chamoy sauce.
This is a perfect summery drink for the kids to enjoy on the patio!
How to make Chamoy Shot Recipe
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 ounces light corn syrup, such as Karo syrup or Miracle Whip ®
- 1 quart (16 cups) Dr. Pepper soda
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup
- 2-oz of tequila, chilled (optional)
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar and water. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon to dissolve the sugar completely.
2. Mix corn syrup into the mixture and continue to stir until the syrup reaches the softball stage (234 F.). Remove from heat, pour into a glass bowl and set aside to cool completely at room temperature or in your refrigerator.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the Dr. Pepper soda, evaporated milk, and chamoy sauce until instantly mixed.
4. Pour half of the mixture into shot glasses or mugs, add the tequila (if using), drink immediately, or pour ice-cold Dr. Pepper soda into a chilled glass and top with a shot of chamoy sauce for serving (optional).
You may like: Kinky Blue Liqueur Recipes: Top 6 Perfect Health Benefits
Nutrition facts of Chamoy Shot Recipe
|Total Fat||2 g 1%|
|Saturated fat||5 g 3%|
|Cholesterol||1 mg 0%|
|Sodium||158 mg 7%|
|Potassium||20 mg 0%|
|Total carbohydrate||42 g 14%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g 1%|
The 8 health benefits of Chamoy Shot Recipe
1. This Chamoy Shot Recipe is an excellent vitamin A, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and iron.
2. It is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, thus healthy for people with diabetes or on diets that restrict saturated fat.
3. The corn syrup used in this recipe has no adverse effects such as high blood glucose levels, obesity, high blood pressure, and cholesterol, commonly referred to as Western diseases.
4. Corn syrup acts as an antioxidant, improves physical endurance, and maintains healthy skin.
5. Corn syrup contains manganese, which can help boost the immune system, maintain bone health and metabolize protein while promoting normal growth and development of vital organs, especially the brain.
6. Corn syrup is non-toxic and extremely safe for consumption. It does not cause any side effects or health problems.
7. In fact, corn syrup is considered the most nutritious sweetener due to its unique combination of carbs and sugars that boost stamina and endurance.
8. The chemical compounds found in corn syrup are also antioxidants that improve heart health by reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the body and fighting free radicals that attack our cells, causing diseases such as cancer and diabetes.
Can I Freeze It?
It is suggested that you freeze your Chamoy Sauce Shot Recipe after making it. The chemical properties of corn syrup prevent the syrup from crystallizing. Therefore, this allows you to serve it in a chilled glass without crystallization or separation.
Can I Drink It?
Corn syrup is a natural sweetener and has no ill effects when consumed in moderation. It can also be consumed as an ingredient for cooking.
However, eating too much corn syrup can cause people with diabetes to have high blood sugar levels and may be detrimental to their health. That’s why you should check your macros carefully before consuming this syrup.
Are You Hungry?
This Chamoy Shot Recipe is a perfect after-dinner drink for kids and adults alike. It’s healthy for them to consume.
This drink is a healthier alternative to conventional desserts such as ice cream and soft drinks. Though it is sweet, you can taste the distinct flavor of tequila instead.
Is it healthy?
Yes, Chamoy Recipe Shot is loaded with healthy nutrients that provide you with the much-needed vitamins and minerals.
If you look at its ingredients, we have an excellent source of vitamin A, fiber, vitamin C, iron, and much more.
How to store?
You can keep this chamoy recipe shot up to 2 weeks when stored correctly. However, if you want to keep it longer, store it in the freezer for up to 6-8 months.
Can I Drink It If I’m Pregnant?
Chamoy Shot Recipe is a healthy drink for pregnant women during pregnancy or lactating.
The Bottom Line
It would help if you tried out this recipe at home. It’s easy, simple, and delicious! Not to mention, this baby is packed with healthy nutrients that can keep our overall health in check.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your Chamoy Shot Recipe into your tummy today! Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and
I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links (at no extra cost). This helps me produce more great content for you.