The cava grilled chicken recipe is a mouth-watering grilled chicken recipe and is one of the most popular grilled chicken recipes.
It consists of marinating the grilled chicken for a few hours in cava (Spanish sparkling wine) and lemon juice, then grilling it on charcoal or direct on a gas grill.
This dish has been mentioned several times, not just because it is delicious but also because we are talking about an affordable recipe.
This recipe is best served with French fries, grilled vegetables, and a green salad. If you like to have french bread with it, you can put the french bread at the bottom of the grill pan and cover it.
For this recipe, we are using a medium size chicken that we have cut into 8 pieces. Remember to keep the skin on the chicken while grilling or while cooking.
Cava Grilled Chicken Recipe is always preferable to use fresh ingredients for any recipe, but if you are using fresh cava and fresh lemon juice, good for you. If not, try to keep a little freshness by squeezing the lemon juice and pouring the cava before serving.
How To Make Cava Grilled Chicken Recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients For The Cava Grilled Chicken Recipe
For the Grilled Chicken:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground green cardamom
- Salt and pepper to tasted
- 5 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, juiced
For the Dill Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon or lime, juiced
- 1 cup fresh dill, stems removed, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- Kosher salt, if needed
Instructions For The Ava Grilled Chicken Recipe
Step-1. Marinate the chicken thighs in cava and lemon juice for about 30 minutes.
Step-2. Heat oil for grilling in a skillet over medium heat. Add the entire chicken and cook, frequently flipping, until browned on both sides, about 25 minutes total. Remove from heat and set aside to let cool slightly.
Step-3. Preheat the grill to high heat element or medium heat and burn on a gas grill (if you like your grilled chicken a little less charred).
Step-4. Place the chicken thighs on the grill and cook, flipping once, until nicely charred and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Step-5. Remove from grill and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
Step-6. While the chicken is resting, pluck a lemon half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl. With the back of a spoon, scrape the garlic cloves from their skins.
Add to the bowl along with the lemon juice, dill, Greek yogurt, and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside.
Step-7. In a bowl, stir together the olive oil and garlic. Brush the chicken thighs and onion with this mixture and grill skin side down for 2-3 minutes, until charred. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until charred but not raw.
Step-8. Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil or drape them with a dish towel if you have one that can handle the heat.
Allow rest 5 minutes before serving with a dollop of Greek yoghurt dill mixture.
Step-9. Serve with French fries, grilled vegetables, and a green salad.
Nutrition Facts Of The Cava Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Calories: 464
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- Sodium: 1213mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
Best 5 Serving Ideas For The Cava Grilled Chicken Recipe
1. Serve the grilled chicken with french fries, vegetables, and a green salad.
2. Pour a little bit of cava on top of the grilled chicken to serve with pita bread or other flat bread.
3. Serve the grilled chicken with a salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers topped with crumbled feta cheese and garlic-flavored olive oil.
4. Serve the grilled chicken with green beans and steamed broccoli, and add some chopped parsley to top it off.
5. Serve the grilled chicken with light French bread, cucumbers, and tomatoes as a sandwich.
Can I Freeze Cava Grilled Chicken Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. Just wrap it well in a foil or plastic bag. You may have to adjust the cooking time according to your freezer temperature.
How To Store Cava Grilled Chicken Recipe?
Just wrap well in aluminium foil or plastic wrap and freeze. To defrost, transfer to the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before you plan to serve it.
How To Make Cava Grilled Chicken Recipe More Delicious?
1. Fish or Cut up the Chicken and grill it on a barbecue grill or on a gas grill over medium heat.
2. While they are grilling, marinate the chicken thighs in cava and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
3. Pour the cava and lemon juice marinade over the grilled chicken thighs and let them sit for 5 minutes before placing them on the grill again.
The cava-grilled chicken recipe is a perfect dish for those summer days when you don’t feel like cooking but need something good for dinner.
The cava and the lemon juice do magic to the chicken, making it tender and flavorful.
You can marinate it in the morning and grill it throughout the day or late at night to your heart’s content. Serve with your favorite side dishes or eat straight from the grill.
I hope you enjoyed the cava grilled chicken recipe. If you did, please share your thoughts in the comment section below. I would love to hear from you!