The Carrot cake recipe high altitude is not difficult in the slightest. This recipe is for a Carrot cake that is high altitude but has all the same flavors as a classic carrot cake.
A bit of baking powder will help you out at a high altitude, so it might be best to use either self-rising flour or sour cream with some baking powder in it.
If you are using sour cream, make sure the eggs are at room temperature before mixing them into the batter to avoid curdling your mixture.
Learn how to make a carrot cake recipe high altitude and take your baking to the next level.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make, and because this carrot cake recipe’s high altitude turns out so well every time I make it, it’s one of my go-to desserts when family or friends come over.
I think you’ll enjoy this carrot cake recipe high altitude as much as I do.
How To Make Carrot Cake Recipe High Altitude?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (you can double this if you feel the recipe needs it)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract. (I used amaretto in place of vanilla extract for some extra flavor)
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen grated carrots or 2 cups fresh grated carrots.
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Lightly grease a greased oven-proof pan.
Preheat your oven to 350 F and bake the prepared cake in this pan for 60 minutes.
Now remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack before icing it.
Now whisk all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl until well combined.
In another mixing bowl, whisk the sour cream and eggs until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla extract; whisk to combine. Gently fold in the flour mixture using careful strokes until combined.
Beat the carrots with an electric mixer until smooth in a separate mixing bowl.
Beat in the buttermilk, oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Fold the carrot mixture into the batter using slow strokes until just incorporated.
Turn onto a lightly floured work surface and gently shape into three equally-sized logs about 4 inches long. Cut each log into 1 inch wide slices to make neat strips or diamonds (or other shapes).
Place the strips on top of each other to form 1 large cake (this will be the top and bottom tiers, and you will have 1 strip left over for decorating if you like). If you are using the carrot cake recipe high altitude in a loaf pan, then place those strips around the inside edge of the pan.
Cover and store in a warm place until the evening before serving.
Nutrition Fact Of Carrot Cake Recipe High Altitude
Carrot cake recipe high altitude is found in the category of desserts.
|Amount of Calories||246 Kcal|
|Protein||4 g. (16%)|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.7 g|
Healthy Benefits Of Carrot Cake Recipe High Altitude
1. The high-altitude carrot cake recipe provides a healthy treat as it is low in calories.
2. This Carrot cake recipe’s high altitude also helps prevent obesity and obesity-related problems.
3. This is a healthy dessert, which lowers the level of cholesterol, reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, which is one of the leading causes of death in North America today.
4. Carrot cake recipe high altitude is also anti-aging food, as it has a healthy fiber.
6. The Carrot cake recipe high altitude also supplies some B and C vitamins, Vitamin K, and magnesium.
7. The high-altitude carrot cake recipe is also an anti-inflammatory food, which can help reduce risks of cancer and other chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes, atherosclerosis, and osteoporosis.
8. Carrot cake recipe high altitude is very good for improving digestive health and alleviating constipation.
9. The high-altitude carrot cake recipe is also a great source of Vitamin A and helps strengthen eyes, vision, and immune system.
How To Freeze Carrot Cake Recipe High Altitude?
Place the prepared carrot cake in a tightly sealed plastic container, and place this container in the freezer. The carrot cake should be frozen for at least 4 days before serving.
1. You may want to refrigerate the carrot cake recipe high altitude before serving.
2. This carrot cake recipe high altitude can be kept in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or frozen for up to 6 months.
Is This Cake Vegan?
This carrot cake recipe is not high vegan because it contains eggs.
Is It Healthy?
In one slice of this carrot cake recipe high altitude, you get lots of fiber and whole grains.
Can I Freeze This Cake?
You can freeze this carrot cake recipe high altitude without any problem, but keep in mind that the cooked carrots will turn mush when frozen, so it’s not a good idea to freeze the uncooked carrots. Refrigerating them instead is fine.
If you like the Carrot cake recipe at high altitude, please don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook and Google Plus.
Is It Good For Everybody?
This is a very healthy and delicious carrot cake recipe at high altitudes.
If you like to learn more about healthy, delicious, and easy recipes, you can subscribe to my other blog about healthy recipes. I have written plenty of delicious recipes in my other blog like these:
If you want to see more of some single-ingredient dessert recipes different from this carrot cake recipe at high altitude, check out more dessert recipe collections on my website.
This is a very healthy and delicious carrot cake recipe high altitude, which provides an excellent treat for the whole family.
All-natural ingredients have been used in this recipe to make it as healthy as possible.