The Caribbean fish curry recipe is a great meal to make if you feel like cooking from scratch. The Caribbean fish curry recipe is made using very simple ingredients and is a delicious and well-balanced dish. All you need is some of the best quality ingredients for the greatest taste.
This recipe makes for an excellent light dinner or lunch that your family will enjoy, not just once but twice
This recipe will come in handy when creating other dishes, like soups and stews, which are more filling than side dishes involving rice. It’s a great way to make sure your family gets their daily dose of vegetables.
This recipe makes for an excellent light dinner or lunch that your family will definitely enjoy, not just once but twice!
This Caribbean fish curry recipe leaves you feeling satisfied, but it is also very satiating and healthy so that you won’t feel guilty after eating it.
How To Make Caribbean Fish Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 4 large skinless white fish fillets
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp mild Caribbean curry powder
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- Small chunk ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 scotch bonnet chili, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp of leaves thyme, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 400g tin coconut milk to serve cooked rice
1. In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, Caribbean curry powder, groundnut oil, spring onions, and ginger.
2. Add the fish fillets and mix well, then set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. When the fish is ready, place in a pan with a little coconut oil or ghee and fry for about 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Take care not to overcook as it will become too dry.
4. Set aside and set the sauce aside.
5. In a pan, heat the oil and fry the red pepper with the thyme leaves until soft. Add in the garlic and ginger. Wait for this for about 30 seconds before adding in the chopped scotch bonnet chili, spring onions, coconut milk, and Caribbean curry powder.
6 -8 minutes (depending on how you like it). Let this cook until you see that a nice thick sauce has formed on the bottom of your saucepan (about 8-9 minutes).
6. Add in the fish fillets and mix them into the sauce.
7. Let this cook for about 1 – 2 minutes, then serve immediately with a side of rice or on its own. Serve with a side of boiled vegetables or salad.
Nutrition Facts Of Caribbean Fish Curry Recipe
- Calories: 751
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated fat: 8 g
- Sodium: 684 mg
- Carbohydrates: 16.7 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 61.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Health Benefits Of Caribbean Fish Curry Recipe
1. Lowers Cholesterol
Caribbean fish curry is a great and healthy dish to include if you are on a heart-healthy diet. It is low in fat and sodium, which keeps your heart healthy.
2. Boosts Metabolism
The scotch bonnet chilli in this recipe is a very good source of antioxidants, known to have anti-inflammatory effects and help boost the body’s metabolism. It helps cleanse the body of toxins
Studies have shown that the scotch bonnet chili is great for cancer prevention, as it contains compounds that inhibit the cell growth of cancerous cells.
4. Pain Relief
The ginger in this recipe is highly anti-inflammatory and is known to help relieve pain.
5. Improved Digestion
Cumin is a great digestive aid known for its benefits on those suffering from digestive issues.
6. Heart Health
The fish in this recipe should be cooked without overcooking as it will dry out when undercooked. Caribbean Fish Curry Recipe contains anti-cancer compounds similar to those found in broccoli and cabbage that are known to decrease the risk of heart disease and cancer.
How To Make Caribbean Fish Curry Recipe More Delicious?
What You Will Need
1. Add More Ginger
Add more ginger to the recipe to give it a better taste, and you can add a small piece of fresh ginger or 2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
2. Add More Scotch Bonnet Chilli
If you love scotch bonnet chili, add 2-3 pieces to the recipe and increase the rest of the ingredients accordingly.
3. Add-In 1 Tbsp Of Curry Powder To The Marinade
This will enhance the flavor of the dish. You can add in a different type of curry powder other than Caribbean curry. Some great options include Punjabi masala, madras, and vindaloo curry.
4. Add-In 1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds To The Sauce
This will enhance the flavor. Feel free to add more if you love cumin! Or replace this with coriander seeds or cinnamon sticks for a different type of flavor.
Can I Freeze Caribbean Fish Curry Recipe?
Yes, you can. This is a very versatile recipe and can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure that you have labels on so that you know it’s perishable, and also note the contents of the dish in case there are any allergies.
This meal is great on its own when paired with rice or flatbread.
Is It Good For Everybody?
This dish is healthy for everybody, and it’s a great dish for those on a heart-healthy diet. The caribbean Fish Curry Recipe is also a good dish for those looking to lose weight and manage their cholesterol levels.
What Is Caribbean Fish Curry?
Caribbean fish curry is a type of fish stew that originated in the Caribbean and has become famous worldwide. It is very good for your health, as it contains a lot of nutritive stuff that is good for health.
Can I Use Other Fish To Make This Recipe?
Absolutely, any type of fish will go well with this recipe. You can also use a mix of different types of fish for extra texture and taste.
I hope that you enjoyed this recipe. If you did, don’t forget to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends if you liked it. Don’t forget to visit the Recipe Database section to find more recipes.