Cabbage Cake Recipe Is A Deliciously Healthy Recipe That You And Your Family Will Love. Cabbage cake recipe is easy to make and very delicious. This recipe uses cabbage as the main ingredient, giving it a distinctive flavor. The cake is made with a basic batter of flour, sugar, eggs, and raisins.
This batter is then cooked in melted butter on the stovetop until it thickens to the right consistency. The cabbage cake recipe uses a filling made using finely chopped cabbage, pork, and onions.
The filling is cooked until it softens up before being stirred into the batter. The finished product is then cooled and cut into bite-size pieces before serving hungry guests.
What Is Cabbage Cake Recipe?
The cabbage cake recipe is a traditional Southern American recipe. The cabbage cake involves chopping cabbage and mixing it as a filling for cakes. This new version of the conventional American recipe uses other ingredients. Still, it follows the same process of cutting into bite-size pieces and baking in the oven until it is set and golden brown on top.
- Flour -1 cup
- Sugar -1 cup
- Eggs – 4
- Water -2
- cups -Oil/butter mixture – 2 Tbsp.
- Salt -1 tsp.
- Raisins – 1 cup (optional)
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepares a baking dish of your choice by greasing or lining it with parchment paper.
Step 2. Sift flour and sugar together in a mixing bowl and make a well in the center. Add the eggs, water, and oil/butter mixture into it. Mix until smooth, stir in salt. Pour batter into greased pan. Smooth out batter with a spatula.
Step 3. Set aside the egg whites from the above batter preparation for later use.
Step 4. Blend your filling ingredients in a food processor or blender until it forms a smooth consistency.
Step 5. Beat the eggs whites into the batter until soft peaks form. Fold into the mixture in a light tapping motion to evenly distribute the egg white mixture. Be careful not to overmix and make it lumpy or filled with air bubbles
Step 6. Spread out the cabbage filling in the cake batter evenly.
Step 7. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or golden brown on top. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite sauce as desired.
Nutrition Fact Of Cabbage Cake Recipe
|Calories from Fat||84.32|
10 Heathy Benefits Of Cabbage Cake Recipe
1. Cabbage is known for its high vitamin and mineral content. This cabbage cake recipe includes cabbage which provides thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin to the body.
2. Cabbage is also one of the best natural sources of fiber. The fiber present in this dessert cuts down on blood cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels in the body.
3. Cabbage is a natural source of phytonutrients called glucosinolates which have been shown to have cancer-fighting properties.
4. Cabbage is also a rich source of vitamin C. Lycopene, a phytochemical found in tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables, is associated with reduced cancer risk. Researchers have also proposed that lycopene may aid heart health.
5. This cabbage cake recipe contains cabbage high in bromelain, an enzyme that helps the body digest proteins after eating. Bromelain is present in carrots, papaya, and pineapple; these foods contain proteolytic enzymes that help break down proteins into peptides.
6. Similarly, cabbage is a rich source of vitamin D, which is necessary for the absorption of calcium in the intestines. Vitamin D is also essential for maintaining healthy bones and preventing osteoporosis.
7. Cabbage is also high in potassium, a mineral needed for normal blood pressure and heart health.
8. Cabbage takes away cholesterol from the body by improving low-density lipoprotein (“bad”) cholesterol levels in the blood.
9. Cabbage contains provitamin A called beta carotene, which converts to vitamin A.
10. Cabbage contains silica, an essential mineral that supports healthy bones, joints, and connective tissues.
Have Side Effects?
The cabbage cake recipe is considered to be very healthy. However, there are some side effects of eating the cake. The first main side effect is the possibility of diarrhea caused by eating too much cabbage. When you eat too much cabbage, it can irritate the digestive tract and cause diarrhea.
People with irritable bowel syndrome should also avoid this cabbage cake recipe to worsen their symptoms. Another main side effect to watch out for is bloating. This is also caused by consuming too much cabbage and can hurt your digestive system.
The cabbage cake recipe is very easy to follow and easy to make. All you need to do is chop the cabbage, mix it, and bake it. You don’t even have to love cabbage as long as you like the taste of the cooked cake. Depending on your preference, you can also add other ingredients that you like, such as nutmeg, raisins, nuts, or even chocolate chips.