Butternut Squash Cake Recipes is an article about the best recipes for butternut squash cake.
The article will have at least three recipes for this type of cake and will answer some important questions, such as how to bake a butternut squash cake.
The goal is that everyone who learns something from this article knows how to make at least one great butternut squash cake recipe!
How to make Butternut Squash Cake Recipes
- 12 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cubed (3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped candied ginger,
- or 2 tablespoons ground candied ginger (1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (1 1/4 sticks)
- 6 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder pinch of salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- or granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange z.
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
2. Bring squash and ginger to boil in a large pot of water, reduce heat to simmer and cook, and cover until tender, about 20 minutes.
Drain squash; reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Cool squash slightly, then mash or puree with reserved cooking liquid in a small bowl with a potato masher until almost smooth.
3. Beat milk, eggs, and vanilla with a whisk in a bowl.
4. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
5. Work the butter into sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves and the mixture is light and fluffy (it should take about 2 minutes). Set aside.
6. Add squash mixture to flour mixture; stir only until all dry bits are moistened (about 1 minute).
7. Add squash mixture to butter mixture; beat at medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
8. Add squash mixture to flour mixture; beat at low speed until batter begins to come together (about 20 seconds).
9. Add remaining 1 cup sugar to batter and mix on medium/high speed until blended, about 30 seconds. Scrape the downsides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as necessary.
10. Transfer batter to prepared pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
11. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it from the sides of the pan (it will be very hot). Invert cake onto rack and cool completely for about 2 hours.
12. Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it from the sides of the pan (it will be very hot). Invert cake onto rack and cool completely for about 2 hours.
13. To finish the cake: remove from pan, invert to remove the final layer of cake, and transfer to a serving plate.
Drizzle with additional 1 teaspoon lemon juice, if desired. If desired, cut into slices and serve with ice cream and caramel sauce; or freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition facts of Butternut Squash Cake Recipes
|Total fat grams||32.8|
|Saturated fat grams||14.1|
|Trans fat grams||3.2|
|Cholesterol milligrams||136 milligrams|
|Sodium Milligrams||470 milligrams|
Best 5 Freezing Ideas of Butternut Squash Cake Recipes
1. Freeze the cooled cake in the original pan in a freezer-safe plastic bag.
2. Freeze the cooled cake, wrapped well in plastic wrap.
3. Transfer to a freezer-safe container, freeze for 2 months and then take out of the freezer and thaw at room temperature until soft (let it sit out at least 5 hours).
4. Slice into pieces and freeze for 1 month in a heavy-duty plastic bag or container.
5. Freeze sheet cake, uncut, and cut into squares.
Is It Healthy?
The butternut squash cake will be low in saturated fat and high in fiber. It will be down in calories and high in protein and monounsaturated fat in the food groups.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
The butternut squash cake is low in triglycerides, carbohydrates, and cholesterol. It will be down in sodium (salt), high in potassium, and moderate in a total fast-food group.
Is It Good For Patients With Heart Disease?
The butternut squash cake is moderate in total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium. It is high in dietary fiber, carbohydrates, protein, and potassium.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
The butternut squash cake is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and low calories. It will be a good choice for weight loss patients.
Is It Good For Patients With Arthritis?
The butternut squash cake is high in fiber, moderate in potassium, and high in protein. Must of the ingredients is whole grain, which can help with constipation.
Is It Good For Patients With Osteoporosis?
The butternut squash cake is high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and zinc. Fiber, magnesium, and potassium can benefit your bones. The butternut squash cake will be low in total fat and sodium.
How to store?
The best way to store the butternut squash cake is in a covered container in the refrigerator. The easiest way to do this is with a metal storage container and wax paper.
If you cannot do this, it should be wrapped well in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and stored away from moisture and at room temperature.
How long can you eat?
The butternut squash cake can be eaten for up to 2 months after thawing. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
The butternut squash cake is delicious and healthy. The ingredients are high in potassium and calcium, low in fat and sodium, moderate in saturated fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, and iron.
The high fiber content can help with constipation. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by phone or email.
Read our article ” Butternut Squash Recipes if you want more recipes like this butternut squash cake recipe, read our article “Butternut Squash Recipes.”