Broccoli Ice Cream Recipe. It sounds disgusting. But don’t knock broccoli until you try it. A crunchy, velvety texture and a slightly sweet flavor make for a delicious, healthy dessert that will impress your friends.
And the best part about this recipe is that it takes no time to make! Have some ice cream in minutes with this ice cream recipe by Red Sky, or treat yourself with a homemade batch from Sweet Tooth Kitchen.
How to make Broccoli Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups broccoli puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups cream or milk (fat content up to you)
- 3/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1. Pure broccoli, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Whisk together egg yolks and cream/milk until smooth, then whisk in the puree.
3. Pour the mixture into a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until it reaches between 175 and 180 degrees F, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and stir in coconut. Pour the mixture into a bowl for quicker freezing. Cover with plastic wrap, then freeze for about 4 hours.
5. Stir to re-chill. Pour mixture into a lidded container and freeze until hardened, at least another 7 hours or overnight.
6. To thaw, leave in the refrigerator overnight or over the sink filling the bowl with boiling water overnight.
7. Serve with fresh fruit and garnish with fresh mint, a drizzle of rum, or a shot of espresso.
You may like: Valencia Cake Recipe: The 7 Health Nutrition
Nutrition facts of Broccoli Ice Cream Recipe
The benefits of Broccoli Ice Cream Recipe
Broccoli is high in fiber, magnesium, and vitamin C. Broccoli contains glucosinolates, which are plant compounds that promise to prevent cancer.
Broccoli also contains nearly a quarter of the recommended daily dose of vitamin K, which helps build stronger bones. These nutrients make broccoli ice cream taste great and do your body good.
Best 5 Nutrition of Broccoli Ice Cream Recipe
1. It is a good source of vitamins K and C, which have antioxidant properties which fight free radicals.
2. It is an excellent food for maintaining good body health
3. Broccoli improves growth, development, and digestion in the body
4. Broccoli contains essential fatty acids that help the skin to stay young and healthy-looking
5. It contains minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron necessary for strong bones, teeth, and gums.
Can I freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze the broccoli ice cream recipe. After making it, transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe container. To store in the refrigerator, add to a lidded container and freeze for 2 hours before serving.
How do you thaw Broccoli Ice Cream Recipe
Thaw the ice cream in the refrigerator for about 24 hours. Since ice cream is a perishable food, it is essential to ensure it does not freeze completely.
This can be done by placing a bowl of hot water into the freezer before putting in the ice cream mixture to thaw.
Broccoli Ice Cream Recipe makes an exciting alternative to other sweet treats, and it is excellent for any party or get-together.
Where Can I Buy It?
If you’re a shopaholic, you may be interested in one of these top grocery service providers. More from Eggnog Ice Cream Recipe.
This broccoli ice cream recipe is a healthy treat compared to the sweet treats we’re used to. It is also very delicious. If you’re looking for a refreshing, guilt-free dessert, then this might be the perfect fit for you!