The Bone Suckin sauce recipe has been passed around among friends, family, and other players for years. The formula has always been considered a “secret” since it never appeared in cookbooks or culinary magazines. Rather, the Bone Suckin sauce recipe is passed from person to person by word of mouth only.
The recipe’s origins are unknown but believed to have come out of Gumbo, Louisiana, during WWII when sugar was rationed, and people were forced to get creative with their recipes.
A local woman named Robbie Sue of Gumbo, Louisiana, used this sauce recipe for barbeque chicken and replicated the taste of the traditional hot & spicy BBQ sauces.
Since WW II, people from the South have been hooked on this unique recipe.
Today we will learn how to make this recipe, so we hope you will read this post to the end.
How To Make Bone Suckin Sauce Recipe?
- 4-6 lbs of chicken thighs & drumsticks
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup vinegar (any kind)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Remove skin from chicken pieces, and trim excess fat. Marinade meat in the vinegar, garlic, and brown sugar for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Prepare stove or grill for cooking over hot coals or high temperature (400 degrees).
3. After marinade time has passed, place chicken pieces on a hot grill. Cook each side of the chicken until it is golden brown and crisp. While cooking the chicken, baste it with the sauce in a pan.
4. After all of the chicken has finished cooking, remove it from the grill and place it in a large pot. Cover chicken with remaining sauce and simmer on low heat for 1-2 hours.
5. After 1-2 hours, remove the pan from heat and refrigerate overnight.
6. The next day, remove chicken pieces from sauce and discard any skin or fat that has not “melted” away. Place sauce in a large bowl with fresh chicken pieces (optional bone). Mix and serve.
Nutrition Facts Of Bone Suckin Sauce Recipe
|Calories from Fat||138|
Best 12 Health Benefits Of Bone Suckin Sauce Recipe
1. Reduces Cholesterol
This recipe contains garlic as an ingredient that can help lessen the cholesterol level in your blood.
2. Reduces Blood Pressure
This recipe is also a good source of potassium, a mineral that reduces blood pressure.
3. Good For The Heart
4. Weight Loss
A high level of fiber and low-calorie content in this recipe serves to help keep the digestive tract regular, thus helping to prevent weight gain.
5. Greater Energy
The high level of Vitamin C present in this sauce recipe helps facilitate the building up of nerve cells, thus increasing energy levels.
6. Higher Immunity
This sauce recipe also contains Vitamin A, which helps to strengthen and maintain a healthy immune system.
7. Better Digestion
The high fiber content in this recipe helps regulate the digestive system and prevent constipation.
8. Lower Cholesterol
This recipe contains Vitamin C and other nutrients that can help lower cholesterol levels in the bloodstream.
9. Better Skin
Vitamin A helps produce sebum, which is an oily substance secreted by the skin to keep it moist and healthy. This helps to prevent dryness that often leads to wrinkles and premature aging.
10. Reduce Risk Of Cancer
The high levels of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, iron, and omega 3 fatty acids in this recipe can help prevent cancer.
11. Reduces Risk Of Heart Disease
The high levels of Vitamin A and Calcium present in this recipe can help to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
12. Helps Prevent Diabetes
The ingredients present in this sauce recipe help promote normal blood sugar levels, thus helping to prevent diabetes.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze it in airtight containers for up to 6 months. To defrost the sauce, place it in the refrigerator overnight before using.
How Long Can It Be Kept?
This recipe can be kept for about 14 days in the refrigerator.
So, if you have been looking for a great recipe that is nutritious and easy to prepare, this is it.
Remember, if you are a meat lover, this recipe is just right for you. Try it today, and enjoy.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, this recipe is very healthy. It is low in fat and high in fiber. The formula also contains a variety of nutrients that promote overall good health.
What Are Its Disadvantages?
This recipe contains ingredients that some people may find unappealing or unacceptable.
Some Possible Side Effects:
A few side effects may be experienced by individuals who consume this recipe regularly or in large amounts for an extended period. These side effects include nausea, gastrointestinal distress, and diarrhea.
Making this sauce recipe for chicken is easy, and it tastes great. This recipe is a good alternative for those people who do not like to eat meat or have a low-carb diet.
The ingredients in this recipe are very good for human health, helping to prevent many diseases and promoting overall good health.