A cake packed with a delicious flavor that is simple to make, this Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe transforms plain vanilla cake into a treat everyone will love.
With a fruity filling in the middle and buttery-rich frosting on top, this delightful dessert is perfect for any occasion or holiday! Now, let’s get down to business and learn how to create this wonderful dish.
How to make Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 ½ cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. First, you will need to cream the butter and sugar until it is light in color.
2. Next, add the eggs one at a time and mix in between each addition. After this, add the vanilla and mix throughly.
3. Finally, add the cake flour and baking powder slowly while mixing.
4. Place your cake batter into three 8-inch round pans and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
5. Cool the pan on a wire rack and prepare your filling by combining ½ cup of blackberry jam with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook this over medium heat until it starts to boil, then turn the heat down and cook for 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
6. Now, take your cake layers off the cooling racks and place one in the bottom of your mixing bowl. Next, spread the blackberry filling in an even layer over the first layer of cake.
7. Repeat this process for each cake layer until you are left with just one final layer.
8. Now place a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and melt 1 cup of butter. Remove from heat once it has melted, and stir in 2 tablespoons of flour to form a roux.
9. Add ½ cup of milk and constantly stir until the mixture thickens.
10. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups of sugar and 2 eggs until they become fluffy and light in color. Finally, add the flour/milk mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
11. Once you have finished this step, spread your frosting over the top of your cake using an icing knife or knife.
12. Once you have applied the frosting, it is time to create a nice finish! Use your cake decorating tools to create a design of your preference.
If you do not have any cake decorating tools, spread the frosting over top of your cake using an icing knife or knife.
13. Now, anything you want! You can always decorate with different icing colors or other food items.
This is a very easy cake recipe to follow, so you will have no problems making it. I know that it may take a few tries the first time around before you get the perfect amount of batter in each layer and manage to get the blackberry filling just right.
Nutrition facts of Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe
Price Of Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe
A box of cake mix usually costs about $4, so you will be spending about 2 dollars for each cake. On the other hand, this is a very simple recipe to follow, and you will have no problems making it on your own at home.
You can always adjust the ingredients if you feel that it is too sweet or not sweet enough for your taste. If you want to make the cake even more nutritious, replace some sugar with an apple sauce or cranberry sauce.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, this cake freezes extremely well. You can even eat it straight from the freezer! Keep in mind that the quality of the cake is usually better when it is fresh and warm, so feel free to try it both ways and see what you like best.
Is Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe Healthy?
Yes, this is a very Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe recipe that anyone with any dietary needs can enjoy. It contains no saturated fat and is low in cholesterol, so anyone with a heart condition or an overactive thyroid can eat it knowing that it will not cause them harm.
Of course, the main reason why I believe that this cake is healthy is that the blackberry filling does not have any added sugar at all.
Is Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe Gluten-Free?
The cake batter is gluten-free, so you could enjoy it if you are allergic to gluten. However, the blackberry filling contains blackberry juice and cannot be gluten-free.
I would recommend using a gluten-free flour blend to create the thickening mixture in this recipe to make up for this.
Healthy Benefits of Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe
Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe is healthy because it does not contain saturated fat, added sugar, or preservatives.
It also includes a generous amount of beneficial vitamins and minerals, protein, fiber, and water. With all of these nutrients,
you can ensure that this cake recipe will make your digestive system happy while providing your body with the nutrients it needs to function properly.
How to store?
You can store this cake in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days.
Can you make homemade jam?
While it is possible to make homemade blackberry jam, you need special equipment that most people do not own.
Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe is one of the delicious, simple, and easy-to-make cake recipes you can find on the internet. It is a fun cake to make because you can get creative with it.
I know that it may take a few tries the first time around before you get the perfect amount of batter in each layer and manage to get the blackberry filling just right.