The traditional Black Tie Mousse Cake Recipe or the chocolate mousse cake is a favorite dessert popular at many restaurants and catered events.
While this recipe may be best for formal occasions, it’s also great for an easier-to-make version of this iconic dish.
While this recipe has many variations, we have our spin on it to satisfy even the fussiest palate.
How to make Black Tie Mousse Cake Recipe
- Two 8-inch round chocolate cupcakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- About 6 to 8 ounces of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. To make the mousse: Beat cream cheese with cocoa powder. Blend in the cream until smooth.
2. Then pour into the bottom of each chocolate cupcake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
3. To make the cake: Beat cream cheese with vanilla extract. Then add in whipped topping and beat until light and fluffy. Repeat with cocoa mousse on top of the cupcakes.
4. Top with fresh strawberries, caramel sauce, chocolate shavings, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup if you desire.
Nutritional Value of Black Tie Mousse Cake Recipe
Benefits Of Black Tie Mousse Cake Recipe
A well-balanced dessert is a combination of protein, fat, and carbohydrates. This dessert has all the essential components necessary for optimum health and well-being.
The Black Tie Mousse Cake Recipe has a fair amount of protein from the cream cheese and cream ingredients.
It also has a moderate amount of carbohydrates from the cake, which helps boost your energy levels when you need it most.
Best 5 Freezing Ideas of Black Tie Mousse Cake Recipe
1. Freeze half and have the other half for dessert that night.
2. Split with a neighbor or friend.
3. Freeze individual cake portions in a freezer bag for convenient and easy snacks or dessert throughout the week.
4. For a birthday surprise, give your child’s teacher a slice to thank them for all they do! These also make awesome presents on Christmas morning!
5. I think this might be the best idea; why not rest it in the freezer for a few months, then bring it to a party or an event?
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Because of the sugar and fat content, I would not recommend this to pregnant women. When you are pregnant, your body needs more protein, fiber, and carbs, making getting enough from food sources easier.
If you are contemplating having a baby and are worried about postpartum weight loss issues or any nutritional deficiencies, read on my website’s page dedicated to pregnancy and postpartum nutrition.
Side Effects of Black Tie Masse Cake Recipe
I have not come across any side effects of using this recipe. I am sure it would be safe to use during pregnancy and postpartum, but I haven’t seen any evidence that proves it.
Is It Gluten-Free?
This recipe is suitable for those with gluten allergies or intolerances. It uses flour alternatives such as an almond meal.
Keep in mind that gluten-free products often contain soy. If you are lactose intolerant, then dairy could cause problems, but only if you are sensitive to it.
Is It High In Calories?
Yes, this is a high-calorie dessert. The calories come from the chocolate cake and the cream cheese. It contains moderate amounts of carbohydrates and fat, which provide energy to your body when you need it most.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
This recipe is not good for those with a medication that causes weight gain. However, it might be OK to use if you are already on a low-calorie diet and need more calories to replace those lost through medication.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
This is a versatile recipe that can easily be frozen. Freezing desserts such as this are great for busy families and individuals who want to save time.
They are also great for potlucks, parties, and when you need an instant treat. With so many different varieties of this dessert available, you can rest assured that the person you are serving will enjoy it.
But what if you have too much?
If there is any leftover, just put it in the refrigerator. My family loves this recipe! We make it all of the time.
This platter of Black Tie Mousse Cake Recipe is a work of art in many ways. This recipe is a great source for your guests to ask for repeatedly.
Since this recipe does not use any eggs, the texture will remain soft, creamy, and it won’t get clumpy when you are done decorating the platter.
This recipe is sure to leave your guests wanting more. And if you are feeling like a challenge, try making this yourself.
It’s hard to resist the temptation of this dessert. Just one slice is enough to satisfy any craving for something sweet.
The creamy chocolate filling and the rich chocolate cake will make you feel like dining in a fancy restaurant or on a five-star airline flight.