Belt fish recipe! If you are in the mood for something a bit different and would like to be impressing your friends, this is the dish for you. Its crispy skin and moist meat will make everyone want to return for seconds.
The belt or hoki has been around for ages, and its use is still prevalent in New Zealand. With the recent interest in recreational fishing, there has been an increase in the population of this fish breed.
Hoki is a great fish to eat when you are on the road or cook something tasty.
This recipe is a family favorite, and we like to keep it simple, so you don’t need much explaining if you are new to cooking.
This will get rid of the fishy smell and make it tastier. The beltfish can be found at your local supermarket in the freezer section.
What Is The Belt Fish Recipe?
The beltfish (iota) is a rich meaty fish. This fish is best known for its oily flesh and firm texture. This fish is popular to sell at retail because of its freshness.
It’s a great fish to use for barbequing as it can be cooked quickly in the oven, and the flavor is incredible.
How To Prepare Of Belt Fish Recipe?
This fish is known for its “belt,” which is the deposits of oil found in the meat. This can be removed by soaking it in milk for about 10 minutes.
The Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 beltfish
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup of margarine or butter (melted)
1. Place the fish in a water bowl, 2 teaspoons of salt, and about 10 ice cubes for about half an hour.
2. Place the fish into the oven at 160 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes or until color changes from translucent to golden brown.
3. When the fish is cool, remove the belt by gently pulling it out.
4. Cut into chunks and place them into a shallow baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Pour melted margarine on the fish and place it into an oven for about 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve with roast potatoes, vegetables, or greens and a good drizzle of lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts Of Belt Fish Recipe
Recipe Tips Of Belt Fish Recipe
1. Fish oil is used for frying the fish, which can be collected by placing a colander in the pan during cooking.
2. The fish is cooked using the “baking” method (rather than boiling), which keeps it moist and firm.
3. Add lemon juice to your fish and use it as a marinade.
4. The belt or Hoki is known for its oiliness, so cool down the fish in a colander and then pat dry before cooking.
5. Beltfish can be cooked using a wide range of methods, e.g., grilling, poaching, steaming, and preparing Hoki recipes!
Additional Facts About Belt Fish Recipe
1. The beltfish (iota) is a rich meaty fish and is best known for its oiliness and firm texture.
2. The fish can be cooked quickly in the oven, and the flavor is incredible.
3. This fish is excellent for barbequing as it can be cooked quickly in the oven, and the flavor is incredible.
4. The fish oil can be collected by placing a colander in the pan during cooking, which is then collected by pouring into a container using a funnel.
5. The oil keeps for weeks at room temperature (about 2-3 months if refrigerated).
6. The fish is cooked using the “baking” method (rather than boiling), which keeps it moist and firm.
7. The fish belt can be removed by draining off the beltfish’s “belt” in a container lined with newspaper before cooking.
8. This fish is known for its “belt,” which oil deposits are found in the meat. This can be removed by soaking it in milk for about 10 minutes.
10 Health Benefits Of Eating Belt Fish Recipe
1. Increased Energy
Belt fish contains a high amount of energy, and we must get our daily calories. This recipe is high in protein, which will give you the much-needed energy to run your day.
2. High Protein
Belt fish has almost as much protein as beef, has less fat than chicken, and far less saturated fat than pork.
The protein in belt fish is considered a complete protein because it contains all nine essential amino acids (building blocks for muscles).
3. Good For Digestion
The proteins in belt fish are easily digested, so it’s an excellent food for people with bowel issues or digestive problems.
4. High Calcium
Belt fish is rich in calcium and is the best source of calcium when you’re trying to lose weight because it has very little fat, which is low in calories.
5. Powerful Antioxidants
Despite their high cholesterol content, beltfish have potent antioxidants called polyphenols that help protect your body from free radical damage that could lead to aging.
6. Enriched With Iron
Because of their high iron content, beltfish are one of the best sources of iron in Asia.
7. Slimming Power
Belt fish helps lower cholesterol, and it’s also a good source of dietary fiber and vitamin B12.
8. High Antioxidants
The polyphenols in belt fish are potent antioxidants that help protect against cell damage that can cause diseases like heart disease and cancer, as well as making your body look better, looking younger with a healthy glow
9. Healthy Brain
Belt fish is brain food containing omega-3 fatty acids and a high vitamin B12. These nutrients are super for brain development in children and pregnant women.
10. Healthy Skin & Hair
Vitamin B12 helps your body use protein, strengthening connective tissue like your skin and hair follicles.
The omega-3 fatty acids help keep hair glowing and healthy by reducing dryness and split ends.
Belt fish recipe is a great way to introduce your family and friends to the fantastic taste of beltfish. It’s a great fish that can be cooked in many ways.
This is an easy recipe that the whole family will love, and it’s a great dish to serve on special occasions like birthdays and Christmas. This fish has a lot of health benefits because it contains protein, calcium, and vitamin B12.
This article on the belt fish recipe gives you a better understanding of how it can benefit your body when eating this fish twice or thrice every week.
If you want to know more about it, please comment below.
Enjoy the meal with pleasure. Thanks.