Baked Curry Chicken Recipe Is A Healthy Meal For Your Whole Family. Many people struggle to find healthy meals that their entire family can enjoy.
This is where this Baked Curry Chicken Recipe comes in. This recipe is a healthy meal with flavors that everyone in your family will love. It is a great addition to your dinner menu. It is sure to become the family favorite!
This Baked Curry Chicken Recipe is loaded with all the mouth-watering flavors of a warm, Southern bbq chicken dinner. It starts with a homemade buttermilk marinade that will add authentic flavor to your chicken and tenderize it.
What Is Baked Curry Chicken Recipe?
A baked curry chicken recipe is similar to a baked bbq chicken recipe but uses a different marinade. The chicken is then oven roasted in a marinade of your choice. There are many Baked Curry Chicken Recipes on the net, but we wanted ours to be truly authentic. We wanted ours to taste like we were sitting around the bonfire at our favorite bbq joint.
How To Make Baked Curry Chicken Recipe?
You can make this baked curry chicken recipe with or without the rice. It is up to you. If you are serving rice, you will not need the chicken after it has been baked. However, if adding the rice, you must follow the same baking instructions listed below. I like to add rice to this bbq chicken recipe because it gives it a more authentic taste and texture.
- 3 pounds of chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup poultry seasoning (or your favorite bbq type seasoning) 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2–3 scallions
Step 1. Marinate chicken in buttermilk for about 4 hours. This will help the chicken absorb the flavor of the marinade. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Step 2. Melt butter over low heat in a large skillet and add your chicken legs. Brown chicken on all sides, and then transfer to a 9×13 dish or a cake pan (this will be your baking pan). Pour marinade into the baking pan or dish, cover, and place in the oven.
Step 3. Bake at 350 F for 45-60 minutes or until juices run clear. If you are adding the rice/veggies, check your chicken at 30 minutes and if the juices inside aren’t clear, check it again at 45 minutes. Please don’t leave it in the oven too long.
Step 4. Remove chicken from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Slice into bite-size pieces and serve with rice (if using).
Step 5. Serve with a side of gravy or a warm dipping sauce if desired.
This chicken recipe is great to have for dinner on any night of the week and is also delicious for lunch served up on top of a bed of fresh, crisp lettuce with your favorite dressing . . . Mmmmm!
Use your favorite type of poultry seasoning in this bbq chicken recipe, but poultry seasoning is one of the most traditional flavors used in baking bbq chicken. Hence, it works especially well in this recipe.
This bbq chicken recipe is an excellent choice for your next dinner party. It is easy to make and can feed a crowd!
If you struggle with finding the right combination of bbq flavor, you may be interested in my ‘BBQ Chicken Flavour Juice, which can be used in all of your favorite recipes. To learn more, visit my website by clicking here. Click here to learn more about healthy dishes that are great for everyday cooking.
How Long Does Baked Curry Chicken Recipe Bake?
Baked Curry Chicken Recipe Bake for 15-20 minutes on each side in an oven preheated to 375 F.
Baked Curry Chicken Recipe Bake for 45-60 minutes in a 350 degree F oven (This time is based on a covered dish). Baked Curry Chicken Recipe Bake until juices run clear.
Nutrition Fact Of Baked Curry Chicken Recipe
|Total Fat||28.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||8.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||6.9 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||9.7 g|
10 Important Baked Curry Chicken Recipe Making Tips
1. Try not to over-marinate the chicken because this will change the texture of the chicken. The spices are designed to absorb into the marinade, and the marinade is prepared to add flavor, not salt.
2. Always wash all produce before use, so you do not contaminate your dish with bacteria and other food-borne illnesses.
3. I like to let my entire family try different meal parts at once (chicken, veggies, rice). I do this because it makes the meal a more interesting presentation and easier to prepare.
4. I always start making my bbq chicken recipe the night before I want to make dinner. In other words, I empty all the ingredients into a large bowl and blend them well before storing them in the fridge overnight. This will help you save time when you finally get to your bbq chicken recipe.
5. Sour cream and tomatoes can be added to your bbq chicken recipe for a tanginess. However, you should avoid using canned tomatoes because they will change the texture of your dish.
6. If you are not a fan of bbq chicken, you may decide to substitute chicken with lean ground beef or lean ground pork, or even cooked shrimp or lobster.
7. If you like this bbq chicken recipe, please leave a rating below.
Baked Curry Chicken Recipe is one of those recipes that you will love cooking and eating because it has a lot of flavors and is delicious. This type of chicken dish is a huge crowd pleaser because everyone will love how it tastes. Try this Baked Curry Chicken Recipe by following the recipe to the letter.