The Ayesha curry chicken curry recipe is a spicy dish that accompanies rice or bread. This is a delicious, easy, and fast curried chicken dish.
Ayesha curry is a popular Indian dish made with many different vegetables. The word Ayesha means “queen” in Urdu. It’s also the name of an Indian actress who happens to be the wife of NBA player Russel Westbrook.
Ayesha curry recipes are typically made with fewer ingredients than most others, making it super-easy to prepare.
Ayesha curry chicken curry is usually made with small pieces of meat, like chicken or lamb, and some vegetables. Ayesha curry is a very popular dish cooked in most Indian households in India and Pakistan.
Ayesha curry is one of the first dishes you learn to cook as a child in India. The ingredients are easily available, and the process of cooking it is very simple.
How To Make Ayesha Curry Chicken Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
Ingredients For Ayesha Curry Chicken Curry Recipe:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into ½- to 1-inch cubes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Jamaican-style hot yellow curry powder, to desired heat level
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1-inch ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
1. Place the chicken in a bowl and cover with salt, pepper, onion, and thyme sprigs. Set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Heat oil in a large pan to medium heat. Add the chopped yellow onion and sauté until soft, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
3. Add potatoes to the same pan and cook until tender (about 6-8 minutes). Do not overcook, or potatoes will turn mushy. Add salt, pepper, and ginger garlic paste. Cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and stir-fry until golden and cooked (about 10 minutes)
5. Add the brown sugar and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, and curry powder to flavor the chicken mixture. Turn off the heat.
7. Serve the chicken curry with rice or roti (Indian bread).
Nutrition Facts Of Ayesha Curry Chicken Curry Recipe
Amazing 6 Health Benefits Of AYESHA CURRY CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
Carbohydrates are the easiest way to get your daily calories. These are sugar molecules that are used as energy by our body.
Proteins (like chicken) contain essential amino acids that help develop and repair body tissues and help in making enzymes, hormones, and antibodies to fight infections.
Fats are one of the most important nutrients because they form membranes within our cells that protect us from germs.
Minerals are inorganic elements required by our body in trace amounts.
Vitamins are organic compounds, and they help maintain good health and enhance the overall well-being of our bodies.
The best source of fiber is whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Insoluble fibers help reduce cholesterol levels, prevent constipation and promote healthy bowels.
How To Make More Delicious?
1. Use lean ground beef or extra-lean ground turkey instead of the chicken breasts.
2. Add 1/2 cup frozen peas with the potatoes in Step 3 and cook until just tender (about 6 minutes).
3. Add a pinch of ground nutmeg to Step 4 for a slight, delicate flavor.
4. Add 1 tsp garam masala powder to Step 4 for a more intense flavor.
5. Add 2 chopped Roma tomatoes to Step 5 for added color and taste to the dish.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. It makes a great freezer meal. Just be sure to allow it to cool completely before transferring it to the freezer.
Just thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat on the stovetop.
Is The Ayesha Curry Chicken Curry Recipe Indian Style Good For Everybody?
This is not just good for everybody. It is GOOD for everybody. This dish doesn’t require any substitutions. It’s that versatile and delicious.
Is Ayesha Curry’s Chicken Curry Recipe Healthy?
Yes, it is healthy because most of the ingredients used in this recipe are healthy. Chicken, potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables are some of the healthiest foods.
Can I Add Different Vegetables Instead Of Potatoes?
You can add vegetables like mushrooms and blanched dried beans instead of potatoes.
Ayesha curry chicken curry recipe is a very tasty, easy, and simple dish to make. It’s a dish that is nutritious and delicious.
Also, the Ayesha curry chicken curry recipe is very healthy, and it sounds good for health. It’s also best to cook this dish in the winter season because its taste becomes much better when cooked in the winter season.
So hope you like this Ayesha chicken curry recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions, then feel free to ask by commenting below. Thanks!