The avocado green curry recipe is a green curry cooked with coconut milk and vegetables. The texture of the dish is dense, creamy, and satisfying. It has an excellent savoriness that doesn’t overshadow the fresh green veggies or taste too heavy or sweet.
The Avocado green curry recipe is healthy, rich, and hearty yet surprisingly light-tasting. It’s a great way to eat your vegetables!
How to make an Avocado green curry recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 2 Small avocados, cubed or sliced (about 7 oz.)
- 2 Small Onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 Large Carrot, shredded or grated 2 Cans (14 oz. each)
- Light coconut milk 3 tablespoons Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Thumb-size fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (about 6 oz.)
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
1. Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Add oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add onion, ginger, and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add curry powder and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower, carrots, and peas and cook, constantly stirring, for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in coconut milk, salt, coriander, and avocado. Gently stir with a spatula until well blended. Simmer for 6-8 minutes or until thickened.
4. Serve hot over brown rice or stir-fried greens or other green leafy veggies sprinkled over the top of individual servings.
Nutrition Facts of Avocado green curry recipe
- Calories: 205
- Total Fat: 9gm
- Sodium: 577mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 6.5g
5 Amazing Serving Ideas for Avocado green curry recipes
1. Serve with Jasmine rice, a side of steamed vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, or spinach), and a small salad.
2. Add chicken, shrimp, or tofu to make it a one-dish meal.
3. For a heartier meal, serve over brown rice or quinoa with a side of steamed veggies and accompanying salad.
4. Try topping the bowl with coconut yogurt for an added dimension of flavor and texture, or garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
5. Use spinach or other dark leafy greens in place of the cauliflower.
Nutritional Value of Avocado green curry recipe
The avocado is a high-quality, good source of fiber that contains a good amount of omega-3 fats and is packed with vitamins.
It’s rich in carotenoids, particularly lutein and zeaxanthin, which are eye nutrients that work to prevent age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) and cataracts. It also contains vitamin E, folate, and vitamin K.
Health Benefits of Avocado green curry recipe
The avocado also contains vitamin B6, folate, and vitamin K, important for the heart.
It’s a good source of potassium, which is needed to maintain healthy blood pressure and nerve cell communication, and magnesium.
3. Fatty Acids:
It contains a good amount of monounsaturated fats that help reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering the bad (LDL) cholesterol.
Avocados are rich in dietary fiber, which helps reduce cholesterol levels and prevents constipation and other ailments. The dietary fiber in avocados also lowers the risk of diabetes and heart problems and helps one feel full for a longer period, thus regulating body weight.
A cup of avocado contains about 4 grams of protein, which is fairly low. However, it is still a good source of essential amino acids, especially if you’re a vegetarian.
Is the Avocado green curry recipe healthy?
Yes, it is packed with vitamin E, folate, vitamin K and carotenoids. Avocados are also a good source of monounsaturated fats and dietary fiber.
Tips for the Perfect Avocado green curry recipe
1. Choose avocados that are darker in color rather than ones that are too green or have a lot of dark or brown spots. The darker the skin, the greener the fruit inside.
2. Bring avocados to room temperature before peeling and cutting.
3. Use a hot, dry knife when cutting the avocado to reduce the chances of being mushy.
4. Avocados can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
5. Store guacamole in a container with just enough juice to cover the surface without coming up higher than that, as it turns brown easily.
Is the Avocado green curry recipe good for Everyday?
Yes, it’s a good option for every day and is a healthy way to eat your vegetables. It’s rich in nutrients such as folate and potassium, which help keep the heart, brain, and nerves healthy.
Does it hurt to cut an avocado?
The skin that surrounds avocado is very soft and can easily be cut. However, you can use a sharp knife, gloves, and a cutting board to avoid contact with the pit to prevent injury.
Are avocados safe for diabetics?
Yes, avocados are a good source of dietary fiber, which lowers blood sugar levels and strengthen your blood vessels for better blood glucose control. They can be low in calories but high in healthy fats that aid in weight loss.
Can you put avocado on curry?
Yes, it goes well with the Avocado green curry recipe and gives you a different texture. You can also put avocado on sandwiches or in a salad.
Is thai avocado curry good?
Is avocado good for your heart?
Yes, avocado contains several nutrients that help prevent heart disease and other circulatory problems such as stroke. They are rich in dietary fiber, which lowers cholesterol and helps to prevent constipation and other ailments.
Avocados are also high in potassium, a mineral that helps maintain healthy blood pressure and nerve cell communication, and magnesium.
We know that not every member of the family will be thrilled by the idea of eating a vegetable, so try replacing them with other vegetarian items you know they enjoy.
The avocado green curry recipe is a healthy way to eat your vegetables, and it goes well with paneer or tofu. This recipe can also make an avocado sandwich or add to the salad.
You must love guacamole yummy superfood healthy recipes, and you are at the right place.
Thanks for reading this article. If you want to more information, please comment below!!