Avocado curry recipe an avocado curry is a creative dish that can be made with or without meat and is a simple way to enjoy the flavors of Indian cuisine.
The creamy, nutty flavor of avocados pairs wonderfully with this spicy dish’s warm spices and pepper flavors. A nice cooling addition to this dish is a dollop of yogurt on top.
Any meat, spicy vegetables, and herbs add to the nutrition of this meal. Many people enjoy eating avocados by themselves.
How To Make Avocado Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 medium-sized Potato 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Green beans cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Carrots cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1/2 cup Yellow Corn
- 1/2 cup of Cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup Broccoli florets
For Avocado Curry Base:
- 1 Avocado pitted, and flesh scooped out
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 whole Green chili or Thai Green chili, remove the stalk. Jalapenos can also be used.
- 1/2 cup Red Onion chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk or a milk substitute like soy, almond, or coconut milk can also be used
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potato and carrots until tender.
2. While the potatoes and carrots are cooking, cook green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, and corn for about five minutes until tender. Drain them well in a colander.
3. Let all the vegetables cool for about ten minutes until you can handle them without burning your hands. Slice the potatoes if they are large, then chop each vegetable into smaller pieces to make bite-size chunks. Set aside
1. Remove the pit and peel the skin off of the avocado.
2. Cut the avocado into small chunks using your fingers or a knife (the chunks don’t need to be uniform to make this dish taste good).
3. Set aside all the chopped ingredients.
Making Vegetable Biryani:
1. In a large mixing bowl, evenly combine chopped vegetables, salt, and olive oil.
2. Add the garam masala powder and lemon juice while stirring thoroughly.
3. Heat ghee in a medium-sized pan on medium-high heat until hot, then add the chopped onions, green chilies, and ginger-garlic paste.
Stir for a minute or so until the onion is translucent and just about to brown, then add the spiced vegetables and continue to cook for about five more minutes or until completely cooked through.
4. Add the spice mixture to the vegetable bowl and stir well.
5. Add milk and mix fully, making sure to incorporate all vegetables with the milk mixture.
6. Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes until any excess liquid cooks off. If you wish, you can also use a rice cooker or pressure cooker for cooking this dish so that it is done in 10 minutes.
7. Add avocado chunks to the pot and mix them in completely.
8. Optional: serve this dish with raita or yogurt on top.
Nutritional Facts Of Avocado Curry Recipe
|Total Fat||10 grams|
The serving size is about 3/4 cup, and this recipe yields 4 servings. So to make one serving, you need 2 avocados and 1 cup of vegetable mixture. Only half of the mixture can be used for cooking other curries using this recipe.
Health Benefits of Avocado Curry Recipe
1. Avocados contain a high amount of minerals and vitamins. They have a large amount of folic acid and vitamin B6, which are good for pregnant women and helpful in preventing anemia.
2. Avocados can also help prevent heart disease due to their high monounsaturated fatty acids.
3. Avocado contains essential fats that reduce irritation and swelling and soothe and calm the skin.
4. Avocados can help in reducing high cholesterol and triglycerides.
5. Avocado is good for hypothyroidism, diabetes, and hypertension because of its antioxidants and its detoxification of the body.
6. It also contains soluble fiber, which lowers bad cholesterol in the blood and helps in lowering triglycerides at a faster rate.
7. Avocado is believed to be beneficial for the eyes because of its high levels of lutein and zeaxanthin, carotenoids that have antioxidant properties. These carotenoids protect against macular degeneration and cataracts.
8. Avocados contain more potassium than any other fruit or vegetable and are good for lowering blood pressure and preventing stroke, heart attack, and kidney stones.
Can I Freeze Avocado Curry Recipe?
Yes, you can!!!
You can freeze the avocado curry in individual containers and defrost it in the fridge or the microwave. If you defrosted it in the microwave, you’d need to cook it on low heat for about 5 minutes so that it doesn’t split.
Can I Store Avocado Curry Recipe?
Yes, if you stored it properly, it can be stored at room temperature for up to 2-3 days or refrigerated for 5 days.
Can I Have Avocado Curry Recipe And Only Eat Half A Meal?
Yes, you can. It’s good to freeze and portion out the remaining cooked vegetables for another meal.
Can I Eat Avocado Curry Recipe Alone Or With Rice?
If your diet does not allow for rice, you can serve this with brown bread and steamed green leafy vegetables.
Is Avocado Curry Recipe Healthy?
Yes, it is. All the ingredients used in this dish are healthy and add good nutrients to your body.
The avocado curry recipe is a simple and yummy vegetable curry dish that you can eat by itself or with rice. The unique thing about this recipe is that it has amazing nutrition benefits, making avocados one of the healthiest foods in the world.
If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to ask. You can also leave a comment below.