The asparagus curry recipe is one of the simplest recipes you’ll find, with just a handful of ingredients to create a dish that’s packed with flavor.
It goes great with naan bread and is perfect for healthy living. It has been rumored that this Indian-restaurant favorite is a general Indian dish where the star ingredient in curry powder.
But I’ve found it to be just as delicious when made from scratch with roasted spices in a jar and fresh herbs and sliced vanilla beans.
If you love curry as I do, try out this recipe, and be sure to share it with your friends! Your loved ones will thank you after they eat the recipe too.
How To Make Asparagus Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 350 gms Asparagus
- 1 nos Onion
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Grated Coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- Curry Leaves few as needed
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Peppercorns
- 1 nos Green Chilli
- 4 nos Garlic Cloves
1. Wash and scrub the asparagus to remove any dirt.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees. Hot grill on its lowest setting.
3. Peel and chop the onion into small pieces. Mince the garlic cloves and green chili with the grater.
4. Add oil to a frying pan on medium heat, add mustard seeds and let them splutter for a few seconds before adding the onions. Cook until they turn soft, with no sign of browning or burning (about 5-7 minutes).
5. Add the chopped garlic and green chili to the onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the cumin seeds, coriander powder, garam masala, and turmeric powder to the onions and cook, constantly stirring, for 30 seconds until all of the spices are fragrant.
7. Mix in chili powder, grated coconut, and salt to taste (I used 1 tsp of salt), and mix well before adding the asparagus spears.
8. Spread the asparagus spears across the griddle and cook for about 3 minutes or until the asparagus start to brown at the edges, but you can still see a little green in the center.
9. Pour a little water on the asparagus to keep them from burning and continue cooking until they turn from green to a lighter shade of brown (this will take about 5-7 minutes).
10. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about two minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Of Asparagus Curry Recipe
Amazing 9 Health Benefits Of Asparagus Curry Recipe
1. Asparagus, with its myriad of health benefits, is an excellent source of Vitamins A and C. Also good for the eyes
2. Asparagus is a highly alkaline vegetable providing many health benefits and even fights cancer cells
3. The nutrients in asparagus are beneficial for maintaining normal brain function and clearing away toxins from the body
4. Asparagus is rich in Phytoestrogens which help to restore hormonal balance, especially for women during menopause and post-menopause
5. It helps to protect against heart disease and improves the functioning of the circulatory system
6. It helps to prevent stroke and other degenerative neurological conditions
7. Asparagus contains anti-inflammatory nutrients that aid in preventing arthritis, gout, and rheumatism
8. It is effective in alleviating symptoms of indigestion and diarrhea and helps to regulate bowel movements
9. They are excellent diuretics and purifiers of the blood system, hence helping to prevent gout, kidney stones, etc.
Can I Freeze the asparagus curry recipe?
Yes, asparagus can be frozen. To freeze asparagus, blanch spears for about 30 seconds in boiling water and then plunge them into ice water for a few minutes to cool down. This should preserve for about 2 months.
What Is Asparagus Diet?
Both green and white varieties of asparagus are nutritionally rich and are high fiber vegetables full of vitamins A and C. Asparagus is an excellent source of folate, magnesium phosphate, vitamin E, and niacin.
It is also rich in lignans, which have been found to have a number of health benefits, including the ability to lower cholesterol.
Is the asparagus curry recipe Good For Everybody?
Yes, asparagus is ideal and safe for everybody. It is low on the glycemic index, making it a good food to eat before or during a meal. It is one of the healthiest vegetables and can be included in most people’s menus for meals.
The asparagus curry recipe is one of the simplest recipes you’ll find, with just a handful of ingredients to create a dish that’s packed with flavor. It goes great with naan bread and is perfect for healthy living.
As you can see, the asparagus curry recipe has a lot to offer. It is a delicious and simple dish that you and your loved ones will surely enjoy. The health benefits it offers are also worth noting.