Andhra Style Prawn Curry Recipe is the first-ever published dish of its type in the category of Indian cuisine. It combines the flavors of creamy coconut milk and tomato gravy with a mild and delicious taste.
The Andhra Style Prawn Curry recipe is easy to make and is suitable for preparation by novice and experienced chefs.
Many Malaysians are looking for new ways to cook seafood dishes that are authentic, exotic, and new. Andhra Style Prawn Curry Recipe is a relatively easy dish to achieve without sacrificing its quality.
How To Prepare Andhra Style Prawn Curry Recipe?
Prepare Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- Andhra Style Prawn Curry paste
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Red Chilli Powder (to taste)
- Coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
Step 1. Heat oil in a wok and add the curry paste and onion pieces to it; stir till onion turns slightly golden brown; sprinkle with salt then remove from heat and set aside.
Step 2. Heat oil in a non-stick wok and fry the sliced onion for about 5 minutes till golden brown; add the curry paste, garlic, and red chili powder and stir to mix well.
Add the chopped coriander, seeragam (dried mutton), tomato sauce, tamarind juice, and salt to it; reunite, stir well, then simmer for about 5 minutes or till desired consistency is reached.
Step 3. Put the Prawns into the prepared gravy, cook for about 2 minutes, and then serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.
1. You can use any meat instead of seeragam
2. Depending on the size of the work; you may decide to cook the gravy in batches and bring it together before serving
3. You may adjust the curry paste according to your taste; I have found it works well in this recipe without adding the extra curry paste.
4. Andhra Style Prawn Curry is served with rice and sambar.
5. You may use large prawns instead of small ones if available.
6. This dish is best prepared on a slow fire to enable the gravy to thicken to a rich sauce consistency and absorb the meat/prawns. This recipe is accompanied by steamed rice, a signature accompaniment of south Indian cuisine.
Nutrition Fact Of Andhra Style Prawn Curry Recipe
|Calories From Fat||34|
6 Best Andhra Style Prawn Curry Recipe Making Ideas
1. This dish is best prepared on a slow fire to enable the gravy to thicken to a rich sauce consistency and absorbed by the meat/prawns. This recipe is accompanied by steamed rice, a signature accompaniment of south Indian cuisine.
2. For a garnish and delightful taste, use finely chopped cashew nuts instead of coriander leaves. Alternatively, you may use green chilies (chopped)
3. For a more authentic taste, use the paste of coconut called kootu/other, which can be bought from traditional south Indian stores. This is a fundamental ingredient in every Andhra Style dish.
4. There are no hard and fast rules to follow; experiment with different cooking methods and ingredients to create your Andhra Style Prawn Curry Recipe style.
5. You may also use dried prawns as an alternative
6. Finally, if you are looking for other curry recipes, you can visit our homepage to find a wide collection of other curries and food recipes.
Andhra Style Prawn Curry is one of the best recipes you can prepare for your family and guests. There are numerous dishes to choose from in south India that are easy to make and delicious to eat. Post your comments and views below. How do you like this article? Please share your reviews with us.