Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe Is a delicious dish that provides a healthy, low-fat, and carbohydrate meal. Andhra is a type of cuisine from the southern state of Andhra Pradesh in India. Mughlai, as well as Telugu cuisines, have influenced it.
This Recipe cooks chicken with onion, garlic, and aromatic spices to create an amazing delicacy at home. The meat can be used for various dishes like soups, stews, or curries where it can be mixed with vegetables (bouquet garni).
What Is Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe?
In the Andhra style, chicken is cooked with onion and garlic. The onions are fried till they become very soft. It is cooked along with the other ingredients in oil. The chicken separates from the bones while cooking, making it very easy to chop and prepare for stir-fries or curries.
The main ingredients used in this recipe are garlic, ginger, and onions. They are cooked in oil and other spices to create Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe flavors.
Aromatics such as turmeric and green chilies are added at the end of cooking to avoid their sharp, raw flavor.
How To make Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe?
- 1kg chicken (boneless, skinless)
- 5-6 sprigs of mint leaves
- 3-4 green chilies (deseeded)
- 1 tsp ginger paste/PWD.
- 1tsp yellow mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 cup oil
Step 1. Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, salt, and turmeric. Let it marinate for at least 30 mins.
Step 2. In a wok, heat oil and add mustard seeds & curry leaves. Fry till they splutter.
Step 3. Add onions and green chilies (with stem). Fry till onions turn pink on low flame.
Step 4. Add the marinated chicken and water and salt to taste(Optional).
Step 5. Cook on low flame till oil separates from the chicken and the chicken is tender.
Step 6. If you want the chicken to be soft, let it cook on a low flame for 20-30 minutes before serving.
Enjoy this Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe with your family and friends.
Nutrition Fact Of Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe
The serving size is 1/4th of the Recipe.
|Sat fat||248.1 gm|
|Dietary Fibre||15.4 gm|
Things to know before cooking Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe
1. To check if the chicken is cooked, use a fork to stab the meat, and if it is soft and tender, it is ready to be served. Add more water if required.
2. It takes around 20-30 minutes to cook chicken tender on a low flame
3. When you add the chicken, you can use bouillon powder or stock.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, make sure to add turmeric and chilies at the end of cooking to avoid their raw flavor
5. Make sure not to eat the garlic pieces while eating Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe, as they are pungent in taste.
10 Easy Cooking Ways to Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe
1. You can add vegetables like peas, carrots, and cauliflower to this dish and make it a wholesome meal.
2. The curry can be served with rice or Rotis
3. If you love spicy food, minced ginger, garlic, and green chilies can be added while cooking Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe
4. The oil used in the dish preparation can be replaced with ghee/butter.
5. You can add mango powder or cashew nuts to this dish to bring out its aroma.
6. You can also add freshly grated coconut while serving the Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe, making the dish appealing and tasty.
7. If you like to eat your curry with rice, you can use short-grain rice instead of Basmati rice.
8. Adding black pepper powder to the dish gives the Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe a nice aroma, which everyone can enjoy.
9. The chicken can be used to prepare sandwiches by chopping them into cubes
10. The marinated chicken can be used to prepare tandoori chicken or other curries. Once the chicken is cooked, you can use it in any recipe you like.
Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe goes well with Rotis, parathas, and plain dosa. You can have it as a simple meal or even a part of the main course of your dinner party menu. You can prepare this dish in advance and store it in the fridge for a couple of days. This is one of the most loved recipes from Andhra cuisine, and it does not take much time to prepare.