Amish Rhubarb Cake Recipe is the Amish are known for their culinary skills, and this cake is no exception. It is made with cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract.
This cake has a very smooth texture that pairs perfectly with rhubarb’s tart flavor.
The Amish promise this cake will help you stay on “the path of righteousness” because it’s good for your health! The Amish are known for their culinary skills, and this cake is no exception.
How to make Amish Rhubarb Cake Recipe
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 8 oz. unsalted butter
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Combine dry ingredients and alternate with wet ingredients, beating well after each addition.
4. Transfer batter, in 2 separate bowls, to a 9″ cake pan; bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan.
6. To serve, cut into 16 squares.
Nutrition facts of Amish Rhubarb Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Sodium Per Serving||656.4 mg|
|Total Carbohydrates||37.4 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
Health Benefits of Amish Rhubarb Cake Recipe
- Rhubarb has many health benefits because it contains Vitamin C and Potassium.
- Rhubarb also is a great appetizer to have before meals.
- It is a good source of calcium that can help keep your heart healthy.
- The antioxidants in rhubarb also help remove free radicals from your body which could cause cancer.
- It helps fight against arthritis, atherosclerosis, asthma, constipation, and immune disorders.
Can I Freeze It?
Amish Rhubarb Cake Recipe can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. Wrap it with plastic wrap and freeze it.
Thaw it at room temperature and make sure not to expose it to direct heat so that the cake won’t become soggy.
How To Store?
The best way to store Amish Rhubarb Cake Recipe is by wrapping it tightly in aluminum foil or a plastic bag and then keeping it in a cake keeper or any tight container. It should be kept in the refrigerator to prevent it from rotting.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Although some people may have concerns about eating rhubarb in case it may contain aflatoxin, an unsafe toxin. Studies show that the amount of aflatoxin in rhubarb is too low to be harmful to pregnant women’s health.
There were two studies conducted by researchers at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy and the University of Wisconsin-Madison Medical Center on 200 women who were pregnant.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Rhubarb contains various phytonutrients that help lower the levels of certain enzymes, which can cause inflammation and plaque build-up in your body. This is why rhubarb is also good for people suffering from heart diseases.
Is It Gluten-Free?
It is gluten-free but the same way as in any other cake, especially that made without wheat flour. The number of eggs and sour cream in this recipe can be somewhat of a concern for people with celiac disease, as these two substances may be a problem.
Is It Healthy?
Amish Rhubarb Cake Recipe is a healthy recipe. It is low in fat and sodium. It is also very high in fiber, which can help lower your cholesterol levels and even your blood pressure.
The Amish Rhubarb Cake recipe is a yummy and healthy cake with rhubarb, sour cream, and vanilla.
The Amish promise this cake will help you stay on “the path of righteousness” because it’s good for your health!
It’s also very easy to make. The same way as in any other cake, except that the mix includes more sour cream and rhubarb instead of just flour. It’s worth trying it!