The Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe is a simple recipe that takes only 5 ingredients and lots of love to make. It’s made with oatmeal, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and eggs. Ooh yeah!
The first step is to toast the oats over low heat in a large glass pan until they are lightly browned and smell nutty. The longer you toasted them, the nuttier your oatmeal cake will taste.
How to make Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups boiling water, divided as needed
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats.
1. In a large bowl, combine the oats and boiling water.
2. Stir once or twice, then let stand for 20 minutes, occasionally stirring to avoid lumping.
3. Combine sour cream and oil in a small bowl; set aside.
4. In another bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and egg white until foamy; set aside.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the gelatin and the remaining 1/4 cup of water. Microwave on HIGH for 10-15 seconds or until gelatin is slightly melted, then whisk in the sugar/egg white mixture.
6. Pour oat mixture into 2 1/2 quart (9 or 10-inch diameter) low-sided pan; stir to coat oats evenly with the eggy mixture. Cover pan tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight or approximately 8 hours or until firm.
7. In a large bowl, add the remaining 2 cups boiling water, sour cream/oil mixture, and half of the oatmeal mixture. Stir until well mixed with a standing mixer. Add the remaining oatmeal mixture and stir until well mixed; pour into a crust-shaped pan.
8. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
Nutrition facts of Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
|Total Carbohydrate||Total Carbohydrate|
Amazing 6 Health Benefits of Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
Step 1. Oats are high in fiber and low in calories. They also contain a type of protein called beta-glucan, which lowers blood cholesterol.
Step 2. Oats are a great source of fiber, and they contain many vitamins and minerals such as iron, magnesium, and zinc. They also help lower the risk of heart disease and diabetes by lowering the bad cholesterol while boosting the good cholesterol levels in your body.
Step 3. Oats are very rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B1, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, calcium, and phosphorus which help prevent heart disease.
Step 4. Oats contain high iron levels, which helps treat a deficiency of iron caused by menstruation in women. Iron is also vital for the healthy functioning of the brain and nervous system and for transporting oxygen from the lungs to other parts of the body.
Step 5. Oats are rich in fiber which helps prevent constipation and keep you regular. Fiber also assists in weight loss by making you feel full faster longer.
Step 6. Oats are a source of protein and contain all nine essential amino acids needed to make proteins that are used in growth and repair of muscles, skin, bones, and other organs found in our body.
Can I Freeze It?
For this recipe, freezing it is not recommended. After the oatmeal cake has chilled overnight, you can transfer it to a covered dish and keep it in the refrigerator for up to four days.
It will taste great if you let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving. Many claim that this cake freezes well for long periods (months to years).
Is Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe Healthy?
If you want to keep your heart healthy and enjoy a piece of cake without feeling guilty, try the Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe. It is a healthy alternative to cakes that contain high amounts of sugar and saturated fats.
The five ingredients used in this recipe are oatmeal, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and eggs. All these ingredients are very healthy.
The oats used in this recipe contain high levels of vitamins and minerals such as iron, magnesium, zinc, and B vitamins, promoting good health.
Is Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe Gluten-Free?
Yes, it is. The oats used in this recipe are gluten-free.
Does Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe contain nuts?
No, it is not. This recipe does not contain any nuts.
Can Oatmeal Cake be made without eggs?
Yes, you can! When you check out the chemical analysis in this recipe, you will see that replacing the two eggs with pureed applesauce or banana is a gluten-free oatcake cake batter.
Are Oatmeal Cake Recipes good for any holiday or special occasion?
Yes, it is. The Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe can be a good dessert for your next holiday celebration.
Can I make this recipe without sour cream?
No, you cannot because sour cream is the one that provides the moisture needed to keep the cake moist and soft.
Sour cream is also the one that gives this recipe a tangy taste that kids will love. If you don’t have any sour cream, replace it with plain yogurt or buttermilk.
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for an excellent healthy snack, then you can’t go wrong with the Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe. It’s a good source of fiber, protein, and other vitamins and minerals which your body needs to function well.
The recipe’s flavor is also unique – it is sweet and slightly tart at the same time. If you don’t like cinnamon, you can leave it out when making this recipe.